You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-19 09:44:31

Mania Nimes

Pulseaudio : redirection (to bluetooth)

Hi folks,

I try to explain as clearly as i can what i want. I have no particular problem with Pulseaudio.

I have two screens which work well on Gnome, no problem yet here. One screen is on an another room. On one screen, there are speakers who are plugged in the central unit which is in the same room. In the other room, there are the other screen and a pair of bluetooth speakers. So i would like separated sound, for example, i use Audacious player and i would like to listen only on the bluetooth speakers, and on the other screen i for example use Video player and want to have sound only on plugged speakers.

I don't know if that is possible, maybe with rules ? Does Pulseaudio handles any applications rules ?

Thanks for any help.

#2 2016-12-19 15:23:09

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Pulseaudio : redirection (to bluetooth)

Mania Nimes wrote:

Does Pulseaudio handles any applications rules ?

Yes.  May I suggest you install and check out pavucontrol  It allows you to send output, on a program by program basis, to different sinks.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer