You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-22 08:32:06

kokoko3k

Download steam games on an archlinuxarm system and transfer to arch

I know archlinuxarm is not archlinux, but somehow this issue is still related.

Since games are getting bigger and bigger (last one was 30GB) and my line is not that fast, i was thinking if it would be possible to download them on a low-powered always-on system (raspberry pi) and then transfer them to the gaming rig running archlinux.
Unfortunately, steam client does not run on the Pi, so i'm in the need of something else.

Help me to improve ssh-rdp !
Retroarch User? Try my koko-aio shader !

#2 2016-12-22 11:37:01

jaergenoth

Re: Download steam games on an archlinuxarm system and transfer to arch

SteamCMD is off the list, I guess, as it comes as a prebuilt binary for x86 systems.

DepotDownloader (https://github.com/SteamRE/DepotDownloader) on the other hand is coded in C# and supports Mono (which supports ARM?), so you could try that. It is a bit harder to use as you need to know the appid, depot numbers, branches etc.

Last edited by jaergenoth (2016-12-22 17:07:14)

#3 2016-12-22 15:25:46

JohnBobSmith

Could you use a USB flash drive? If not, you might want samba or FTP or something. Wget files from the pi to you arch machine would be really epic, but I have no clue how one would set that up. There may also be the steam streaming or whatever, but I doubt thats supported on the RPi.

I am diagnosed with bipolar disorder. As it turns out, what I thought was my greatest weakness is now my greatest strength.

Everyday, I make a conscious choice to overcome my challenges and my problems. It's not easy, but its better than the alternative...

#4 2016-12-22 17:06:06

jaergenoth

JohnBobSmith wrote:

Could you use a USB flash drive? If not, you might want samba or FTP or something. Wget files from the pi to you arch machine would be really epic, but I have no clue how one would set that up. There may also be the steam streaming or whatever, but I doubt thats supported on the RPi.

I assumed the problem was downloading Steam games on the RPi. File transfer from the RPi to the gaming PC should be trivial?

#5 2016-12-22 17:27:43

kokoko3k

Yes, i need to download

#6 2016-12-23 11:08:08

kokoko3k

Thanks, jaergenoth i'll try your suggestion.

Board footer