You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-23 22:39:07

amarucci13

[Solved] Battery Won't Charge after opening minecraft

I just bought a refurbished Lenovo t440s and I got everything up and running. I opened minecraft and noticed that even though the power adapter was plugged in the battery percentage was dropping. I checked acpi and got discharging at zero rate.

I then ran powertop --calibrate and that seemed to fix it, but the next time I opened minecraft same thing. Calibrate did not work that time and my laptop shut off. I tried to boot but it said critical battery error. Took out the battery, booted from AC perfectly fine. I put the battery back in and now its charging like normal.

There are two batteries, battery 0 and battery 1. When battery 0 got to around 79% charge battery 1 started charging. I ran

tpacpi-bat -v -s startThreshold 0 40
    tpacpi-bat -v -s stopThreshold 0 80

to set charging thresholds.

After minecraft is cloesd it goes back to charging after a bit. Could it be something with the video card?

It sounds like its a bad battery but its charging fine now. I am pretty confused on this and any help would be appreciated.

Last edited by amarucci13 (2016-12-24 05:10:01)

#2 2016-12-24 05:09:43

amarucci13

Re: [Solved] Battery Won't Charge after opening minecraft

Seems to be a hard ware issue, laptop now won't charge or power on with ac plugged in. Perhaps something with the video card caused a short or heat not sure. Marking this as solved (although my laptop is still dead sad )

Board footer