You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-31 14:55:38

brando56894

[Solved] Can't Boot Linux-CT kernel on Zotac Pico PI331

Edit: Silly me, I had never generated a ramdisk for linux-ct and was using the one from the mainline kernel. Once I generated it and modified my /boot/loader/entries/arch-ct.conf it booted right up.

I just bought a Zotac Pico PI331 to replace my aging PI230 and was happy to see that it supported Linux. Two people mentioned in their reviews over at NewEgg that Zotac gave them special firmware and a modified Ubuntu image to allow everything to work properly, since the system is SoC and is Intel CherryTrail which has some unsupported components like bluetooth, wifi and audio (audio will officially supported soon). I contacted their support but the person had no idea what I was talking about, told me only Windows 10 is supported because there aren't any drivers for Linux, then told me to go to my favorite forum for instructions on how to install Linux. Very Helpful....

I have KDE up and running on the system (typing this up on it now), and I found a kernel someone uploaded with the cherrytrail patches here: https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/linux-ct the problem is that it renders my system unbootable since it can't seem to find my eMMC.

This is what I see upon boot-up, I've tried device names also and that didn't work either.
2be453523742780.jpg

Last edited by brando56894 (2017-01-01 18:28:45)

Board footer