You are not logged in.

#1 2016-12-15 16:54:59

Archimaredes

Two-finger right-click with touchpad not working in Eclipse

I have a Dell XPS 15 9550 laptop, and I make a lot of use of the touchpad - I use the libinput driver. I have the following line in /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-touchpad.conf in order to enable two-finger tap for right-click:

Option "ClickMethod" "fingers"

I use GNOME 3.22. In almost all applications and areas of the desktop environment, the two-finger tap is working fine. But in Eclipse (Neon), it is inconsistent. In some areas it's fine, but for example in the Project Explorer, I cannot use double-tap to right-click on a project to retrieve the context menu. The physical right-click button works fine, but it's a pain to switch all the time.

Anyone seen this before?

EDIT: It just started working again. Idek.
EDIT2: It's highly inconsistent. Re-opening cause it just came back.

Last edited by Archimaredes (2016-12-15 17:50:32)

#2 2017-01-03 02:44:57

Gerald

Re: Two-finger right-click with touchpad not working in Eclipse

Registered just to say I have this exact same problem in Eclipse Mars, also on a 9550. I'm using Ubuntu 16.04 (sorry), and recently installed Eclipse CDT (C/C++) environment. Initially the two-finger right click was working, then suddenly it wasn't. As you noted it mostly works, but not in Project Explorer. It works in the "Package Explorer" (Java view), but not the "Project Explorer". As in your case, the hard button works fine.

If I two-finger right click many times, I can see the very brief outline of the context menu pop up before it disappears.

No problems in any other app, that I've noticed.

#3 2017-01-03 08:13:31

seth

Re: Two-finger right-click with touchpad not working in Eclipse

Sounds as if that would bounce (the key is immedeately released and a click ceated) and java (or just eclipse) does something stupid like polling the states - in which case it will miss events.
Try using the pysical button as fast as you can and see whether that's inconsistent as well.

Board footer