You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-01 12:07:34

marteus

cpufreq on a zepto znote 6214w [FIXED]

I recently bought this laptop and so far I have arch running on it, but I have a few issues which I haven't been able to solve yet.

It has a core duo processor, both cores are working but it won't load the cpufreq modules. AFAIK should the speedstep-centrino support core duos, but it keeps saying "no such device" whenever I try to modprobe it.

There are no ACPI warnings in dmesg. It even says that both cores support 8 throttling states and three powerstates (C1-C3).

In /proc/acpi there is 4 thermal_zones (working better than windows I'd say), battery and fan (not working though, always says off with the fan running half the uptime). So /proc/acpi does look like it is propery populated.
/sys/dev/devices/system/cpu/cpuX/ is missing cpufreq (I believe it is tied to the speedstep-centrino issue)

The dsdt is compiled with the intel compiler and has no compiling errors.

In windows the cpu scaling works.

I am currently running kernel26beyond.
I have installed cpufrequtils, but the daemons fail (no wonder).

A minor issue is that hwclock always timeouts with the result that the clock is 2 hours ahead (can't figure exactly why though). (I am living in Denmark GMT+1). And again in windows the clock is right.

Any ideas?

EDIT: The manufacturer (after 7 months >_<) released a bios update (z114) that fixes the cpufreq issues

#2 2006-06-28 11:17:17

marteus

Re: cpufreq on a zepto znote 6214w [FIXED]

The clock issue was solved by editing the rc.sysinit and appending -directisa to the hwclock call: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=18769

There is still no ACPI warnings at boot, however my logs (kernel.log, everything.log and messages.log) is filled with:
[/code]nosferatu-lap ACPI Warning (utdelete-0378): Large Reference Count (XXXX) in object dffe1ca4 [20060127][/code]

(I have in fact just deleted 600mb of logs containing that line hmm)

#3 2006-11-17 08:59:33

marteus

Re: cpufreq on a zepto znote 6214w [FIXED]

The newest bios update (z114) solves the cpufreq issues.

Board footer