You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-18 21:29:49

averagejoey2000
Website

Enqueue aaa mode ncmpcpp + mpd

I recently switched from cmus to ncmpcpp + mpd so that I could icecast my music from anywhere in my house, and I'm beginning to miss some of the features which were available in cmus: play queue and aaa mode. In cmus, you have 3 principle views which control your music: Library View, Play Queue, and Playlist. The default is to play all songs from the library, toggle shuffle with a bound key. By pressing e, you can add things to the play queue, and reorganize them so that they play in the order you want, one after the other. By pressing m, you can change the aaa mode, and listen to songs only by the artist you are listening to, or all songs from that album. If I know what 5 songs I want to listen to in the next half hour, I could just find them in my library and queue them in a chain to play without user intervention. I can't find a similar feature in ncmpcpp, mpc, ncmpc, gmpc, or http://opengd.org/chimney/chimney.html. I can only get it to somewhat work reliably with MPDdroid, but that still sometimes fails, or just wipes my whole playlist. Is there some bind I can add to my .ncmpcpp/config that lets me queue songs and requests?

Board footer