You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-20 07:46:05

thorjelly

[SOLVED] Mic recording stream for CS:GO always uses the wrong device.

So I have the device I want, a USB Snowball microphone, working in the steam voice settings, and I have this device set as my default in Pulseaudio, however when I attempt to use my microphone in game (CS:GO) it always uses "Built-in Audio Analog Stereo" device.

Previously, I could fix this by going into the in-game console and using +voicerecord, so that I can see the stream inside the pulseaudio recording settings, and change it to be using the correct device. This still works with the steam voice settings. However now, after a recent update, this no longer works to fix device issues in game. I can select the stream and select devices and click on the correct device, however it never actually changes the device. It refuses to use any other device than "Built-in Audio Analog Stereo". Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Last edited by thorjelly (2017-01-20 16:51:38)

#2 2017-01-20 08:22:23

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: [SOLVED] Mic recording stream for CS:GO always uses the wrong device.

Recent versions of OpenAL default to disallow pulse streams from being moved, create a ~/.alsoftrc with the contents

[pulse]
allow-moves=true

(see: https://github.com/kcat/openal-soft/blo … ample#L291 )  Other than that you could remove your ~/.config/pulse directory (or go through the files and identify the CS:GO entry and switch it to the USB card there) which would reset your pulse config and after making sure your USB is set as the default, the next start of CS:GO should default to the correct device. This is somewhat suboptimal though, so definitely try the OpenAL config first

#3 2017-01-20 16:52:56

thorjelly

Re: [SOLVED] Mic recording stream for CS:GO always uses the wrong device.

Creating the ~/.alsoftrc file with that content and restarting pulseaudio works! Thank you so much.

Board footer