You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-21 09:12:12

guildem

[openbox/xorg setprovideroutputsource] no fullscreen on some screens

Hi everybody,

I have an issue, on some of my screens, i can't ask openbox to make my window fullscreen, i can send the command, it makes it fullscreen, but on another screen. Same with horizontal only or vertical only fullscreen modes. And if I try to open a window on those screens, with an openbox opening mode to fullscreen (or h or v only), it opens it on another screen. therefore, I can use those windows on normal mode in those screens (not very usable...).

I have a singular hardware configuration, with 6 screens (3 main screens and 3 "control" screens, or for VM and other physical machines, with synergy to control all with a keyboard/mouse only), and to activate all of them on xorg, I have 2 graphical units, a nvidia gtx 960 graphic card (4 screens) with nvidia drivers, and an intel hd 4600 igpu (2 screens) with modesetting drivers.

On the software side, i have xorg-xserver 1.19 newly installed, last extra nvidia drivers, last extra modesetting drivers, and a "pure" openbox wm (no gnome or other de, directly launched with openbox-session).

My setup is set like this : i activated nvidia drivers first (they manage correctly my 3 main screens and the middle control screen), and i want to use the 2 other ones with --setprovideroutputsource xrandr parameter, to activate my 2 screens plugged on the intel igpu.
I have this lines on my .xinitrc (I didn't put screen name declarations, $Ex ones are bottom main screens, and $Sx ones are top control screens, $NO output is used on another context) :

xrandr --setprovideroutputsource modesetting NVIDIA-0
xrandr --dpi 96
xrandr --auto

[…]

xrandr --output $S1 --auto --left-of $S2 \
       --output $S2 --auto --above $E2 \
       --output $S3 --auto --right-of $S2 \
       --output $E1 --auto --left-of $E2 \
       --output $E2 --auto --primary \
       --output $E3 --auto --right-of $E2 \
       --output $NO --off

exec openbox-session

Some informations on my system :

[guildem@arthur ~]$ xrandr --listproviders
Providers: number : 2
Provider 0: id: 0x201 cap: 0x1, Source Output crtcs: 4 outputs: 9 associated providers: 1 name:NVIDIA-0
Provider 1: id: 0x47 cap: 0x2, Sink Output crtcs: 3 outputs: 5 associated providers: 1 name:modesetting
[guildem@arthur ~]$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/20-nvidia.conf 
Section "Module"
    Load 	"modesetting"
EndSection

Section "Device"
    Identifier "nvidia"
    Driver "nvidia"
    BusID "PCI:1:0:0"
    Option "AllowEmptyInitialConfiguration"
EndSection

Does someone has a tip to fix my issue ? I think this is an openbox issue, but i'm not sure.
Thanks for your help !

Last edited by guildem (2017-01-21 09:20:29)

Board footer