You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-28 18:53:50

fettouhi

A Golden Wake (on Steam)

Is there anyone here by any chance that have played A Golden Wake under Arch through Steam? I recently bought it and the game launches on my Arch box but when I click "New Game" it crashes (segmentation fault) and dumps the core.

#2 2017-01-29 08:34:22

Re: A Golden Wake (on Steam)

I had played it, but long time ago and it worked fine, that time.
Now, I've tested the "New Game" for you, and it crashes likewise, same error.

Some libraries in the system must've changed.

I remember having similar problems with the "The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief", which I couldn't even start for long time.
About two-three months ago, I tried it again, and it suddeny started and worked perfectly.

So, you can either wait and try it again from time to time, whether some lib update won't "fix" it , or if you're skilled enough, you can start debugging it.

Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.

#3 2017-01-29 15:05:49

fettouhi

Re: A Golden Wake (on Steam)

8472 wrote:

I had played it, but long time ago and it worked fine, that time.
Now, I've tested the "New Game" for you, and it crashes likewise, same error.

Some libraries in the system must've changed.

I remember having similar problems with the "The Raven - Legacy of a Master Thief", which I couldn't even start for long time.
About two-three months ago, I tried it again, and it suddeny started and worked perfectly.

So, you can either wait and try it again from time to time, whether some lib update won't "fix" it , or if you're skilled enough, you can start debugging it.

I tried debugging it by looking at the coredump but it doesn't say anything that is useful sadly.

Board footer