You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-04 20:04:30

Mr.Z

sddm in virtual box dumpes core, not on a regular machine, gdm works

Hi,

I actually already asked this post on stackoverflow, but did not get much of a response (http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions … -interface) so I thought maybe this forum is a better place. But I don't know if I should copy the entire question over, or if the link is enough.

In short: I was setting up Arch-Linux in a virtual machine as usual, following the install guide, and what used to work in the past, now produces a core dump of sddm during boot of the fresh install. The link contains a minimum working example and output from journalctl. To test what might not work I replaced sddm and kde plasma with gnome and gdm and it worked without issues. Interesting to note also is that the virtual machine I set up in the past, which I update regularly, continues to work.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you need more info, I will gladly provide it.

Cheers

#2 2017-01-20 21:52:22

Mr.Z

Re: sddm in virtual box dumpes core, not on a regular machine, gdm works

SInce I posted the question I have been browsing this forum and other websites, but it seems that this is a reoccurring issue, that virtualbox has some issues especially with sddm. However, lately noone else has posted this issue, which makes me wonder, if my install procedure is wrong. Has anyone tested the script I posted and has it working?

#3 2017-01-30 20:22:57

Mr.Z

Ok, it seems SDDM does no longer pull xorg-server. If I add i manually everything works.

#4 2017-01-30 20:24:26

Mr.Z

Or maybe the virtualbox packages changed, I don't know.

Board footer