You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-31 14:40:27

ajgp

[SOLVED] - GOG Galaxy -- WINE

Has anyone been able to get GOG Galaxy to run under wine on Arch?;   I have it installed and can get it to open but not login, any attempt to login is met with an error on the GOG client which displays that something went wrong when trying to login.

I have viewed the PlayOnLinux debug output but it doesn't give any indication of why its failing (and Galaxy wont run when I try to fire it up from the commandline).

I have however been able to login fine when running GOG on a Linux Mint Install; both wine installations were identical so its obviously some package that I dont have on Arch that LM does have, and Im hoping someone may have identified it already.

For reference my Wine install is:

Wine 2.0-Staging
64bit prefix
VCRUN 2012, VCRUN 2015 & Corefonts overrides enabled via Winetricks
Win 7 as platform version

EDIT:   I cant claim to know what is the root cause, but when I reset my VM it worked no problems. The only difference is I have the VM running gnome instead of cinnamon this time.

Last edited by ajgp (2017-02-02 16:14:08)

#2 2017-02-01 19:22:50

Stewart Little

Re: [SOLVED] - GOG Galaxy -- WINE

Have you searched the wine database for the required information? See the following page https://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager. … &iId=32771

“Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
“It is our choices, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” -J. K Rowling
-----
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2017-02-01 19:59:57

ajgp

Re: [SOLVED] - GOG Galaxy -- WINE

Yep,  the wine DB enabled me to get the program running; however the issue was I was unable to login to the client when running from Arch, however an identical WINE setup on Linux Mint was able to login no problem, this is why I believe the issue is one of a package missing (most likely a 32 bit library as the GOG client is 32bit itself).

Board footer