You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-24 09:27:45

MrLinuxFish

Gamemaker games from steam running small.

I am trying to run games which were made in gamemaker studio and are packaged through Steam, but when I get the game to run, it is rendered very small in the bottom right corner of the screen. Upon further inspection I have found that both games were compiled in YoYo Games runner. I also had to export the correct environment variables so the games will actually run "LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/:~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ ./nuclearthrone" If I don't run the game with the explicit library path, I get errors like "/usr/lib32/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found" because the compiler has not been updated to be able to use the new version of libcurl. I am using KDE for my desktop environment.

TL;DR
I cannot play Nuclear Throne or Risk of Rain correctly on Arch right now.

#2 2017-01-24 09:48:05

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: Gamemaker games from steam running small.

Use steam-native from the steam-native-runtime package to fix the library paths automatically. As for the small initial window size, try toggling that around a bit with Alt+Enter or F10 or F11 or F12 whatever is the fullscreen toggle button. That usually works.

#3 2017-02-05 11:23:12

MrLinuxFish

I tried using the 'steam-native' package as well as the standard steam package. I now have risk of rain running correctly, but only because it thinks it is in windowed mode. I cannot get nuclear throne to work correctly using the same options.

#4 2017-03-04 20:01:44

lenon

I had similar problems. Ended up going into

~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Nuclear Throne

and running

run.sh

It complained about one library after another not being around, but I installed the 32-bit versions of them as needed (retraced my shell history and these seem to have been lib32-glu lib32-libxrandr lib32-openal). After that I got hit by the curl issue, and I really didn't want to go the route of installing an older version of curl. This is when I found this post.

Now, for me, just running

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/:~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ ./nuclearthrone

from within

~/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Nuclear Throne

gets the game running just fine (in fullscreen). Maybe try installing the libraries I mentioned? I'm not sure why this would work though - I thought Steam used its own versions of libraries (which is where LD_LIBRARY_PATH comes in, unless I'm mistaken).

I haven't figured out how to make it launch from Steam yet, but it runs fine like this. I tried setting the launch options to

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/lib/i386-linux-gnu/:~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" %command%

but I've had no luck so far.

#5 2017-03-06 16:46:06

MrLinuxFish

I have all the 32 bit binaries downloaded and have tried running the game using the path you provided, but I'm still having the same issues.

I heard the Solus people are working on a modern steam runtime environment, so I'll look into that and see if it works any better.

#6 2017-03-08 07:45:34

dugfin

I was getting the Nuclear Throne error:
./nuclearthrone: /usr/lib32/libcurl.so.4: version `CURL_OPENSSL_3' not found (required by ./nuclearthrone)

It's looking for files installed by the lib32-libcurl-compat package.

I was able to fix it with an LD_PRELOAD:
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libcurl-compat.so.4.4.0 ./nuclearthrone

And then similarly to fix it in steam...
right click Nuclear Throne -> Properties -> Set Launcher Options
LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib32/libcurl-compat.so.4.4.0 %command%

Hopefully that helps, it's probably not the best solution, but is working for me for now.

edit: I should note, the lib32-libcurl package is what was providing /usr/lib32/libcurl.so.4 so I believe all other programs would default to using that newer version. Should also note steam-native works equally well without the LD_PRELOAD smile

Last edited by dugfin (2017-03-08 07:52:14)

Board footer