You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-04 23:33:51

SacmanXman2

LibreOffice looks old on Plasma 5 Arch Linux

Hi

For some reason LibreOffice looks terrible on Arch Linux. The menu items look really blocky, and the bubbles/checkboxes are only half showing. Furthermore, when I put it in the new tabbed mode, the tabs look like they're from Windows 3.1

Here's what it looks like.
http://imgur.com/gallery/HjNUh

Does anyone have any ideas as to why it looks like this? The GTK3 and GTK2 themes are both set to Breeze, as are the icons, etc. (which for the most part look fine). I updated my computer about 25 minutes ago and rebooted, so I'm running all the latest software.

Thanks ahead of time for any help!

Last edited by SacmanXman2 (2017-02-04 23:34:18)

#2 2017-02-05 00:43:40

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: LibreOffice looks old on Plasma 5 Arch Linux

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/LibreOffice#Theme libreoffice uses the pretty much defunct kde4 support by default if in a KDE session. Make it use gtk2 or gtk3 instead by setting the correct environment variable.

Last edited by V1del (2017-02-05 00:44:01)

#3 2017-02-05 09:11:53

digitalone

I had issues in the past configuring gtk themes from Plasma system settings. Try to use lxappearance, that's better.
It works also in Plasma, from command line lxappearance.

#4 2017-02-05 09:38:06

maoyu

There is an option in colour scheme settings called "apply to GTK apps" or something like that... Uncheck it, then relaunch libreoffice. It worked for me in plasma 5.8.

I'm currently in gnome 3.22. tongue

#5 2017-02-05 09:42:08

pb
Website

If you want to have LO look&feel like Plasma apps, you should to install kdelibs (for KDE4). If LO still will be looks like Gtk/Windows apps, you should use SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=kde4 in /etc/profile.d/libreoffice-fresh.* or make a little bash script for Plasma's environment only.

#!/bin/bash
export SAL_USE_VCLPLUGIN=kde4

and put it in ~/.config/plasma-workspace/env (it will make change only for you and only for Plasma session).

#6 2017-02-07 21:31:41

Pyntux

Libreoffice looks old if you just install libreoffice on kde without installed kdelibs or gtk2/3....So if you setup gtk apps to use breeze-gtk theme (from kde settings, by kde-gtk-config), you need to install gtk2/3. I just install gimp and Loffice looks good because gimp need gtk2 package.

Kdelibs will download a lot of kde4 packages (qt4 packages), so if you are using some gtk app, just install that app, and be sure to setup gtk apps to use breeze-gtk theme, and libreoofice will use breeze style. For breeze icons you have aur package.

P.S. Look at package info:

pacman -Si libreoffice-fresh(still)
Optional Deps   : java-runtime: adds java support
                  java-environment: required by extension-wiki-publisher and
                  extension-nlpsolver
                  pstoedit: translates PostScript and PDF graphics into other vector
                  formats
                  libmythes: for use in thesaurus
                  beanshell: interactive java -- good for prototyping/macros
                  libmspack: library for Microsoft compression formats for use in FontOOo
                  libwpg: library for importing and converting WordPerfect Graphics format
                  sane: for scanner access
                  unixodbc: adds ODBC database support
                  gst-plugins-base-libs: for multimedia content, e.g. in Impress
                  libpaper: takes care of papersize
                  postgresql-libs: for postgresql-connector
                  coin-or-mp: required by the Calc solver
------>        gtk2: for GTK2 integration
------>        gtk3: for GTK3 integration
------>        kdelibs: for KDE desktop integration

Last edited by Pyntux (2017-02-07 21:34:21)

I do not speak English, but I understand...

Board footer