You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-15 05:31:30

axfelix

Gnome 3 / Venue 11 Pro Haswell, sound issues after resume from suspend

Hi folks,

I've had this machine running Arch for close to three years and this is the one thing that hasn't been fixed in that time; now that this month has finally brought a fix for the second webcam in kernel 4.10 and enabled OpenGL 4.5 in Mesa 17, I'm curious as to whether I can *finally* call it all done.

It has audio problems after resuming from suspend which are only fixed after a fresh reboot. Specifically, after resume, the mic stops working at all, and the headphone jack acts like it's lost a few audio channels, so that e.g. I can barely hear vocals in music I'm listening to.

My first instinct was suspend_modules (which is what I do to make the wifi work cleanly on suspend/resume), but I haven't been able to unload/load kernel modules to a point that I can make this work; trying to modprobe -r the relevant modules makes snd_hda_core and snd_hda_intel complain that they depend on one another and can't be removed, and I've had to basically try to trigger a race condition between killing pulse and unloading the modules to be able to test whether this fixes anything, and have gotten nowhere toward a working fix, let alone one that can be triggered reliably.

Is there anything in Gnome userspace that could be causing this?? It's not a huge issue as I don't use the headphones that often, but mostly I'm just stumped here.

Last edited by axfelix (2017-02-15 05:31:56)

Board footer