You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-19 16:58:33

radiopayola

[Solved] Stuck with old config after mkinitcpio -p linux

I guess this all started when my system wouldn't boot after pacman -Syu attempted a kernel update...  I was getting an error indicating my root uuid couldn't be found.  After poking around a few other threads, I settled on the idea that I needed to boot from a install or systemrescuecd and to run mkinitcpio -p linux.

Instead, decided to do something lazy and without fully understanding it... So, when I noticed the fallback intramfs option in grub's advanced menu would boot into an the original desktop environment I configured after standing this box up, I decided to try running mkinitcpio -p linux from there.  Now, my system boots into the old desktop environment by default.  I haven't yet bothered to dig into the rest of the configuration to see if anything else is missing or if I can just tweak my configuration to use the correct display manager and DE.

Can anyone suggest the best path for me to get back to the most recent configuration I was using before I ran pacman -SyU?

edit: Yea, I see what you mean about mkinitcpio.  Thanks...  I'll ask another question later if I have something worthwhile to ask.

Last edited by radiopayola (2017-02-19 17:59:50)

#2 2017-02-19 17:00:59

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Re: [Solved] Stuck with old config after mkinitcpio -p linux

man mkinitcpio

That almost certainly is not your issue. Although, it is difficult to tell what is.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

Board footer