You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-20 01:49:43

tivasyk
Website

strange xfce4-terminal behaviour, need advice

i'm using xfce4-terminal in drop-down mode (--drop-down). this used to work just fine with xfce desktop: first w+q launches/focuses the terminal, second hides it etc. than i switched to openbox + tint2, and now the terminal behaves very strangely:

1) first w+q still launches/focuses the terminal as it should, but on the second press the terminal blinks, looks like it hides and gets re-focused immediately;

2) when i try to launch a continiously running app in a fullscreen xfce4-terminal e.g. xfce4-terminal --fullscreen --command cmatrix) it opens and than closes immediately with 0 exit code; however if run without --fullscreen option the command runs ok.

both issues happen 90% of time, but every once in a while the terminal will hide normally and will not close immediately in fullscreen. i've tried deleting xfce4-terminal config (.config/xfce4/terminal/terminalrc), logging out/in, restarting completely the pc, but this strange behaviour persists. i must fix this. will appreciate advice.

#2 2018-06-06 14:07:18

zivziv
Website

Re: strange xfce4-terminal behaviour, need advice

Hi, do the problems persist with the latest terminal release?

#3 2018-06-06 14:26:15

ewaller
Administrator

Re: strange xfce4-terminal behaviour, need advice

zivziv,

I doubt that tivasyk is still fighting this problem a year on.  Although they have but one post, I see they have logged on recently, so perhaps I could be wrong.
Never-the-less, I am going to close this old thread and suggest that, if you've this issue, go ahead and open a new thread that you will own.

tivasyk, 

If I was wrong, let the moderators know using the report link and drop us a short note.  We can reopen the tread.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer