You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-20 00:40:32

AlynxZhou
Website

[SOLVED]Gnome display icons in a wrong small size after rebooting

Before rebooting I believe I did nothing that may cause this. But after rebooting I found the icons in Applicantions view and dash become smaller, also the power/setting/lock button in the right-top menu are smaller, however they are normally in GDM, I tried to created a new user and logging in, and it has a normal size, in other words, only my account are abnormal... Plus if this can help, I'm using a 4k screen and org.gnome.desktop.interface scaling-factor was set to 2.

Nautils's icons are normal.

Picture is here, thanks in advance.

https://ooo.0o0.ooo/2017/02/20/58aa3ae762c7a.jpg

EDIT: After removing ~/.config/dconf/user, it behaves normally but gnome become a fresh one, and I haven't change it... also no word useful in log.

Last edited by AlynxZhou (2017-02-20 03:45:52)

#2 2017-02-20 00:42:52

ewaller
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED]Gnome display icons in a wrong small size after rebooting

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … s_and_code

Edit, BTW, Welcome to Arch Linux.  We discourage large pictures in support threads as many of our members are on slow or metered connections.

Last edited by ewaller (2017-02-20 00:44:10)

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2017-02-20 00:44:24

AlynxZhou
Website

#4 2017-02-20 00:45:54

ewaller
Administrator

Sorry I've no advice, I don't run Gnome myself.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#5 2017-02-20 00:51:13

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

Look at your logs: xorg and pacman's.

Moving to NC...

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#6 2017-02-20 00:53:34

AlynxZhou
Website

jasonwryan wrote:

Moving to NC...

Gnome is using Wayland… And I've seen journalctl, but found nothing. Thanks.

#7 2017-02-20 01:16:26

AlynxZhou
Website

jasonwryan wrote:

Moving to NC...

Sorry but I don't think this is a newbie's problem, I've checked logs and found nothing wrong, I've use arch for a long time, just I haven't register before, I don't think this problem can be solved in a Newbie's place...

#8 2017-02-20 01:25:46

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

AlynxZhou wrote:
jasonwryan wrote:

Moving to NC...

Sorry but I don't think this is a newbie's problem, I've checked logs and found nothing wrong, I've use arch for a long time, just I haven't register before, I don't think this problem can be solved in a Newbie's place...

And it can't be solved with no useful information. You tell us nothing about your setup (Graphics card, driver, screen resolution. icon theme, what you updated, etc). Please read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way and then post something that demonstrates that you are not a complete noob.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#9 2017-02-20 01:42:56

AlynxZhou
Website

jasonwryan wrote:
AlynxZhou wrote:
jasonwryan wrote:

Moving to NC...

And it can't be solved with no useful information. You tell us nothing about your setup (Graphics card, driver, screen resolution. icon theme, what you updated, etc). Please read How To Ask Questions The Smart Way and then post something that demonstrates that you are not a complete noob.

I really want to upload more information but in fact I cannot find more useful information, I can tell that I am using bumblebee with Intel P530 and Nvidia M1000M using nvidia driver, and have a 3840x2160 screen, also the default icon theme, and before it behave abnormal, I've updated nothing. But seems these have no relationship with the problem… I can also upload my logs but they are the same with normal start-up. I just shutdown my computer normally, and after starting it find icon was small, then checked my history and log, find nothing, add a new user, find it's okay, and then decide to ask if there any one have the same question.

#10 2017-02-20 02:03:28

AlynxZhou
Website

I'll try to upload some log next time I open my computer…

#11 2017-02-20 03:34:59

AlynxZhou
Website

Finally I removed ~/.config/dconf/user and the size is normal, but I haven't changed dconf...and now I need to re-set all things.

Board footer