You are not logged in.

#1 2017-01-14 17:08:36

freyr

After latest upgrade my mouse pointer won't change types

So I've just upgraded my system. After restart I noticed that something was weird with my cursor. The pointer was the same all the time, it won't change shapes anymore, no link select, no text select, no resize indication, only its default type.
There seems to be nothing wrong with the system, no errors or warnings anywhere.
The end of the upgrade said that xf86-input-evdev is not needed anymore. I don't know if that's related but it's curious. I can't uninstall it though, my trackball needs it. Although I did try but it didn't solve the problem. But I did notice that when the GUI loads, the cursor works properly, but only for a few seconds, then it becomes stuck. As I typed this text, for a second it changed to the text select pointer but when I moved it, it changed back to it's normal type and it's stuck again.
I know this doesn't seem much but it's very annoying. I figured that this might be related to the xorg-server 1.19 update, I googled it but I couldn't find anything related and without any direction, I have no idea where to start looking for the problem, not to mention a solution.

What, so everyone's supposed to sleep every single night now? You realize that nighttime makes up half of all time?

#2 2017-02-21 13:35:38

freyr

Re: After latest upgrade my mouse pointer won't change types

It's been a while now, the problem persists but I still don't have any clue why.

What, so everyone's supposed to sleep every single night now? You realize that nighttime makes up half of all time?

Board footer