You are not logged in.

#1 2016-10-30 06:35:12

dhruvkp

Cinnamon- Window control elements problem for all themes but Adwaita

Hi all,

I have Cinnamon DE installed. I have installed several themes for Cinnamon- mainly Mint-X, mint-cinnamon-themes and Mint-Y from AUR and several others from Cinnamon's inbuilt themes installer (provided in cinnamon control center).
Under 'Themes' section in Control center, I can successfull set 'Window borders', 'Icons' and 'Desktop'. But for 'Controls', only Adwaita option works. If I choose any other theme than Adwaita for Controls, then menus and buttons in windows like file manager look really squeezed together, like there is no style. Here is how it looks for any other theme than Adwaita- https://imgur.com/a/tNxKr
I should also mention that I had Gnome installed before and removed it completely.

Thanks for any help.

#2 2016-12-19 12:53:15

david38

Re: Cinnamon- Window control elements problem for all themes but Adwaita

Hi dhruvkp,
I have the same issue,
have you find any fixes ?

Thanks

#3 2017-01-10 09:38:57

GamOwer

up, same problem https://imgur.com/a/YivV8

#4 2017-02-22 17:51:33

linux4me

It seems like it's a CSS issue. I tried copying the contents of /usr/share/themes/Adwaita to ~/.config/themes/Test-Mint-X and merging it in various ways with Mint-X. If I use the gtk.css from /usr/share/Adwaita/gtk-3.0/gtk.css, my test theme is a dark theme but the Controls do work. What I don't understand at this point is where Adwaita is pulling its CSS from. It's not using a dark theme, but in /usr/share/Adwaita/gtk-3.0/gtk.css, this is all there is:

@import url("resource:///org/gtk/libgtk/theme/Adwaita/gtk-contained-dark.css");

#5 2017-02-23 19:36:42

linux4me

I haven't come up with a solution yet, but I have been learning something. The reason I can't find the actual CSS for Adwaita is that it's binary. That's the point of the "resource" line above.

I've tried installing mint-cinnamon-themes, mint-x-theme, mint-x-icons, mint-y-theme, and mint-y-icons from the AUR and testing, but none of their options work for the theme Controls, either. Same type of failure.

#6 2017-03-14 14:43:25

AccessGranted

I'm also struggling with this problem. I can install various desktop themes, and the panels will redraw based on the selected theme. However the windows borders, icons, mouse pointer all remain on the adwaita theme/setting. I can change themes --> control --> adwaita setting to high contrast and that changes the windows, but this is not a setting I like.
I tried googling on this but found nothing.
How can I change the look of the borders and the windows icons?

Board footer