You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-14 20:12:25

davidx

[solved][kodi 17] gamepad not recognized

hey

ive been trying to figure out how to get my logitech f710 gamepad to work with kodi. it works for games and emulation station stuff just not inside kodi anymore after update.

it seems that you have to enable peripheral.joystick in the addons, though that option is not available.  looking trough the installed files it should be installed

usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.kodi.peripheral/
usr/lib/kodi/addons/library.kodi.peripheral/libKODI_peripheral-x86_64-linux.so
usr/share/kodi/addons/kodi.peripheral/
usr/share/kodi/addons/kodi.peripheral/addon.xml
usr/share/kodi/system/peripherals.xml

kernal 4.9.8-1-ARCH
Bus 004 Device 007: ID 046d:c21f Logitech, Inc. F710 Wireless Gamepad [XInput Mode]
Kodi (17.0 Git:20170205-nogitfound)

Last edited by davidx (2017-05-25 11:43:57)

#2 2017-02-16 12:15:16

FolkloreAddict

Re: [solved][kodi 17] gamepad not recognized

I had the same problem. Turns out the peripheral.joystick addon is missing and I could not find it anywhere in the repositories or AUR. I hacked together this PKGBUILD:

# based on https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/plain/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/kodi
# found hint here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252465&pid=2398149#pid2398149
# cmake command based on bottom of: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc
# please note that I have no idea what I'm doing

pkgname=kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick
pkgver=17.0
_codename=Krypton
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="Joystick input support for Kodi"
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
url="http://kodi.tv"
license=('GPL2')
depends=('kodi')
makedepends=( 'cmake' )
source=(
  "$pkgname-$pkgver-$_codename.tar.gz::https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/archive/$pkgver-$_codename.tar.gz"
)
sha512sums=('ca0d812bcbcc58b74542872365244c5b937803c5618d2277e85a8cb805820ddb22886233d1417fa0e7532c9909749e632e276f8da51d86e1f5f060b2d1ad6a12')

prepare() {
  [[ -d kodi-build ]] && rm -rf kodi-build
  mkdir kodi-build
}

build() {
  cd kodi-build
  cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=peripheral.joystick \
	  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="$srcdir"/usr/lib/kodi/addons \
	  ../"xbmc-$pkgver-$_codename"/project/cmake/addons
  make
}

package() {
  mkdir "$pkgdir/usr"
  cp -r "$srcdir"/kodi-build/.install/* "$pkgdir/usr"
}

This worked for me. After installing the package, I had to go to the Kodi System Settings -> Input and map my gamepad keys. Which is pretty weird since I use xboxdrv to emulate a X-Box 360 controller but whatever.

You might have to enable the addon first (category Peripheral libraries) but it was enabled for me by default.

#3 2017-02-16 19:33:06

yeaseb

Didn't work for me.
On package() it seems to be missing the .install dir.

#4 2017-02-17 02:49:31

MCMic

Same problem here, no gamepad since the update :-(

#5 2017-02-18 12:30:59

FolkloreAddict

yeaseb wrote:

On package() it seems to be missing the .install dir.

As I said I don't really know what I'm doing but if you pastebin the makepkg output I can see if I can help.

#6 2017-02-18 12:36:07

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

For one, git is a makedep I believe but your package function isn't right I think.... I don't have this hardware but could it be that the needed files are supplied by one of the kodi split packages?

@Folk - What is the output of

pacman -Ql kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick

Last edited by graysky (2017-02-18 12:44:57)

CPU-optimized Linux-ck packages @ Repo-ck  • AUR packagesZsh and other configs

#7 2017-02-18 19:23:26

FolkloreAddict

graysky wrote:

I don't have this hardware[...]

No hardware necessary. Even without gamepads you should be able to check if you have a "Peripherals libraries" category under "My Addons".

graysky wrote:

[...] could it be that the needed files are supplied by one of the kodi split packages?

I doubt it. Since I was using the kodi PKGBUILD as a base. It only has one build function and I did not find the files after building.

graysky wrote:

@Folk - What is the output of

pacman -Ql kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/lib/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/lib/kodi/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/lib/kodi/addons/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/lib/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/lib/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/peripheral.joystick.so
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/lib/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/peripheral.joystick.so.1.2.1
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/lib/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/peripheral.joystick.so.17.0
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/addon.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/addon.xml.in
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/android/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/android/Gamepad_v18D1_p2C40_11b_1h_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/android/NVIDIA_Corporation_NVIDIA_Controller_v01.03_v0955_p7210_11b_1h_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/application/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/application/Keyboard_1.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/application/Keyboard_2.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/GamePad_Pro_USB_v0428_p4001_10b_2a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/Gamepad_F310_v046D_pC21D_15b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/Generic_USB_Joystick_v0079_p0006_12b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/Logitech_Dual_Action_v046D_pC216_12b_5a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/NVIDIA_Controller_v01.03_v0955_p7210_15b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/PC_USB_Wired_Stick_8838_v0738_p8838_13b_4a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/PLAYSTATION_R_3_Controller_v054C_p0268_19b_4a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/PS_R_Ga_epad_v054C_p0268_19b_4a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/USB_GamePad_v0E8F_p3013_16b_10a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/USB_Gamepad_v0079_p0011_10b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/USB_Joystick_v0E8F_p0003_12b_5a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/Wireless_360_Controller_v045E_p028E_15b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/Wireless_Controller_v054C_p09CC_14b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/Xbox_360_Wired_Controller_v046D_pC21D_15b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/Xbox_One_Wired_Controller_v045E_p02DD_15b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/cocoa/usb_gamepad_v0810_pE501_10b_3a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/Adaptoid_v06F7_p1_14b_2a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/GamePad_Pro_USB_v0428_p4001_10b_2a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/Generic_USB_Joystick_v0079_p0006_12b_1h_5a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/Logitech_Dual_Action_v046D_pC216_12b_1h_4a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/Logitech_RumblePad_2_USB_v046D_pC218_12b_1h_4a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/MAYFLASH_GameCube_Controller_Adapter_v0079_p1844_16b_1h_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/Twin_USB_Joystick_v0810_p0001_12b_1h_4a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/USB_GamePad_v0E8F_p3013_16b_1h_4a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/USB_Gamepad_v0079_p0011_10b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/USB_Joystick_v0E8F_p3_12b_1h_5a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/Wireless_Controller_v054C_p09CC_14b_1h_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/directinput/usb_gamepad_v0810_pE501_10b_2a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/8Bitdo_NES30_GamePad_16b_8a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/8Bitdo_NES30_GamePad_Joystick_22b_8a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/8Bitdo_SFC30_GamePad_Joystick_22b_8a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/DragonRise_Inc._Generic_USB_Joystick_12b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Dual_PSX-USB_Adaptor_Dual_PSX-USB_Adaptor_16b_4a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/GPIO_Controller_1_9b_2a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/GPIO_Controller_2_9b_2a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Generic_USB_Joystick_12b_7a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Generic_X-Box_pad_11b_8a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Gravis_GamePad_Pro_USB_10b_2a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/GreenAsia_Inc._USB_Joystick_12b_7a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/HuiJia_USB_GamePad_16b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Logitech_Gamepad_F310_11b_8a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Logitech_Logitech_Dual_Action_12b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Logitech_Logitech_RumblePad_2_USB_12b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/MY-POWER_CO._LTD._2In1_USB_Joystick_12b_7a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/NVIDIA_Corporation_NVIDIA_Controller_v01.03_14b_8a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/PLAYSTATION_R_3_Controller.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/PLAYSTATION_R_3_Controller_17b_29a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Sony_Computer_Entertainment_Wireless_Controller_14b_18a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Sony_Interactive_Entertainment_Wireless_Controller_14b_8a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Sony_PLAYSTATION_R_3_Controller_19b_27a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/USB_Gamepad_10b_2a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Wireless_Controller_14b_18a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Wireless_Controller_14b_8a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Wish_Technologies_Adaptoid_14b_2a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Xbox_360_Wireless_Receiver_15b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Xbox_360_Wireless_Receiver_15b_8a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Xbox_360_Wireless_Receiver_XBOX_15b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/Xbox_360_Wireless_Receiver_XBOX_15b_8a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/mayflash_limited_MAYFLASH_GameCube_Controller_Adap_16b_8a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/linux/usb_gamepad_lowercase_10b_2a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/sdl/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/sdl/SDL_Game_Controller_15b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/udev/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/udev/Xbox_360_Wireless_Receiver_XBOX_v045E_p0291_15b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/xarcade/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/xarcade/X-Arcade_Tankstick_Player_1_vAA55_p0101_14b.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/xarcade/X-Arcade_Tankstick_Player_2_vAA55_p0101_14b.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/xinput/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/buttonmaps/xml/xinput/Xbox_360-compatible_controller_15b_6a.xml
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/joystickfamilies/
kodi-addon-peripheral-joystick /usr/share/kodi/addons/peripheral.joystick/resources/joystickfamilies/joystickfamilies.xml

#8 2017-02-18 19:54:29

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

OK... wanted to check for a few of those but didn't see any.

#9 2017-02-19 15:18:36

davidx

i get the same error as above with the .install missing.

#10 2017-02-21 08:19:12

sultanoswing

I ended out compiling my own plugin.
1. Download the zip (https://github.com/xbmc/peripheral.joystick)
2. Follow the instructions on installing kodi add-on build system (essentially creates a functioning version of kodi in for example $HOME/kodi)
3. Compile the peripheral.joystick addon
4. Copy the resultant peripheral.joystick directorys and files into your current arch kodi locations.
5. Check the addon is working under your kodi add ons menu ("Peripheral libraries")

Note: the above is not a package, and therefore will need to be updated manually and may cause your hair to go gray and fall out in addition to being non-official.

Last edited by sultanoswing (2017-02-21 08:22:39)

6.5.3.arch1-1(x86_64) w/Gnome 44.4
Arch on: ASUS Pro-PRIME x470, AMD 5800X3D, AMD 6800XT, 32GB, | Intel NUC 7i5RYK | ASUS ux303ua | Surface Laptop

#11 2017-02-23 19:47:20

Stayfoolish

Same problem: my gamepad (it is a PS3 gamepad but it has always worked fine with Kodi 16) is not recognized after update to Kodi 17.

I also wasn't able to build a package with the code provided by FolkloreAddict for the same directory issue as the others:

==> Starting package()...
cp: cannot stat '/home/$USER/Documents/src/kodi-build/.install/*': No such file or directory
==> ERROR: A failure occurred in package().
    Aborting...

PS. I'm new to the Linux world so I don't know if it matters much: I'm running 4.9.9-1-MANJARO

#12 2017-02-23 20:41:53

JohnBobSmith

Being on manjaro, which is NOT Arch, matters very much. See the following: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … .2Aonly.2A. Normally people seeking help for manjaro will have there threads closed as a result. However, since you, Stayfoolish, are only contributing, and not the original poster, I dont see an immediate problem with that. We'll have to wait and see if a moderator takes action on this thread or not. smile

I am diagnosed with bipolar disorder. As it turns out, what I thought was my greatest weakness is now my greatest strength.

Everyday, I make a conscious choice to overcome my challenges and my problems. It's not easy, but its better than the alternative...

#13 2017-02-23 20:54:20

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

Alternatively, someone can fix up the draft PKGBUILD to provide the functional files.

#14 2017-02-23 21:56:17

Stayfoolish

JohnBobSmith wrote:

Being on manjaro, which is NOT Arch, matters very much. See the following: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Co … .2Aonly.2A. Normally people seeking help for manjaro will have there threads closed as a result. However, since you, Stayfoolish, are only contributing, and not the original poster, I dont see an immediate problem with that. We'll have to wait and see if a moderator takes action on this thread or not. smile

My bad, thank you for letting me know.
Is there something I should do now about my reply?

#15 2017-02-24 04:12:26

JohnBobSmith

Nope. You are welcome to help if you have information to contribute. smile

I am diagnosed with bipolar disorder. As it turns out, what I thought was my greatest weakness is now my greatest strength.

Everyday, I make a conscious choice to overcome my challenges and my problems. It's not easy, but its better than the alternative...

#16 2017-02-24 05:12:35

yeaseb

Took me a while but I kind of fixed it.
Still messy tho, It's the first PKGBUILD I upload. There's a lot of room for improvement, I guess.

# based on https://git.archlinux.org/svntogit/community.git/plain/trunk/PKGBUILD?h=packages/kodi
# found hint here: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=252465&pid=2398149#pid2398149
# cmake command based on bottom of: https://github.com/garbear/xbmc
# please note that I have no idea what I'm doing
# modified by yeaseb, who doesn't also have idea of what he is doing

pkgver=17.0
_codename=Krypton
pkgrel=1
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
license=('GPL2')
depends=('kodi' 'kodi-platform')
makedepends=( 'cmake' 'git' )
source=(
  "$pkgname-$pkgver-$_codename.tar.gz::https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/archive/$pkgver-$_codename.tar.gz"
)
sha512sums=('ca0d812bcbcc58b74542872365244c5b937803c5618d2277e85a8cb805820ddb22886233d1417fa0e7532c9909749e632e276f8da51d86e1f5f060b2d1ad6a12')

prepare() {
  mkdir kodi-build
}

build() {
  cd kodi-build
  cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=peripheral.joystick \
	  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="$srcdir"/usr/lib/kodi/addons \
	  ../"xbmc-$pkgver-$_codename"/project/cmake/addons
  make
}

package() {
  mkdir "$pkgdir/usr"
  mkdir "$pkgdir/usr/lib"
  mkdir "$pkgdir/usr/lib/kodi"
  mkdir "$pkgdir/usr/share"
  cp -r "$srcdir"/kodi-build/build/depends/lib/kodi/addons "$pkgdir/usr/lib/kodi"
  cp -r "$srcdir"/kodi-build/build/depends/share/kodi "$pkgdir/usr/share"
}

Last edited by yeaseb (2017-02-24 05:15:54)

#17 2017-02-24 17:46:22

JohnBobSmith

Take a look at the following. It will tell you what to do with the top part of your script. https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ar … _standards and https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Creating_packages. Specifically, you should have a maintainer comment at the top. Future maintainers will then change that to a contributor when required. I'm not well versed in bash/shell/PKGBUILD creation. So to avoid looking stupid and giving you bad advice, I won't comment on that, with the exception being that all your recurring mkdir lines can be replaced with one mkdir -p line as so:

...The following:
  mkdir "$pkgdir/usr"
  mkdir "$pkgdir/usr/lib"
  mkdir "$pkgdir/usr/lib/kodi"
...Becomes this:
  mkdir -p "$pkgdir/usr/lib/kodi/"

Good luck!

#18 2017-02-24 21:43:01

graysky
Wiki Maintainer
Website

For your package function... seems like you can adapt a command from the official PKGBUILD to have cmake or make do the install for you.

#19 2017-02-25 00:37:37

yeaseb

What about this?
Can anyone confirm if this works for them?

# Maintainer: yeaseb <yeaseb@gmail.com>
#
# based on what 'FolkloreAddict' did on https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?pid=1691487#p1691487

pkgver=17.0
_codename=Krypton
pkgrel=1
arch=('i686' 'x86_64')
license=('GPL2')
depends=('kodi' 'kodi-platform')
makedepends=( 'cmake' 'git' )
source=(
)

prepare() {
  mkdir kodi-build
}

build() {
  cd kodi-build
  cmake -DADDONS_TO_BUILD=peripheral.joystick  -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX="$srcdir"/usr/ -DCMAKE_INSTALL_LIBDIR=/usr/lib/kodi ../"xbmc-$pkgver-$_codename"/project/cmake/addons || return 1
  make || return 1
}

package() {
  mkdir -p "$pkgdir/usr/lib/kodi"
  mkdir "$pkgdir/usr/share"
  cp -r "$srcdir"/kodi-build/build/depends/lib/kodi/addons "$pkgdir/usr/lib/kodi"
  cp -r "$srcdir"/kodi-build/build/depends/share/kodi "$pkgdir/usr/share"
}

#20 2017-02-27 10:19:12

coolbooks23

It works for me.  Just installed it today.

#21 2017-03-03 14:55:12

MCMic

There is now a kodi-addons-peripheral-joystick package in the community repo thanks to the kodi packager :-)
See https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/52988

#22 2017-05-20 22:40:19

NeilMunday
Website

Are there plans for the package to be included in the Arch Linux Arm repo please?

Apologies, I'll ask on the Arch Linux Arm forums.

Last edited by NeilMunday (2017-05-20 22:47:06)

#23 2017-10-11 12:39:17

melindauus

I also got the same issue on latest kodi but after the update kodi-addons-peripheral-joystick it solved.

Board footer