You are not logged in.

#1 2017-02-23 12:23:18

ebscriptwalker

[Solved] Python pacman program env problems(includes yoaurt)

Hello fellow archers (still learning  here so hopefully I have earned such an awesome title) I  am not a dev nor am I programaatically versed. In fact I am just a guy who likes the idea of hacking grey hat style (i.e. Just solvving problems and finding workaround for the sake of a new adventure) This is very much my first true attempt at living and learning the unix life. I chose arch because I really only learn in trial by fire scenarios. I installed arch myself and Iwith the help of this beautiful community and many videos I am running my env with xorg and and awesome. So on to the issue at hand, I recently began working on installing mycroft ai, I built the program(with a bit of difficulty) I had to seperately build mimic, All seemed to be finnaly going my way until I attempted to setup my env for mycroft. Firstly after doing my Buid_setup_host_arch, My terminal told me something along the lines of my pip should be updated, oddly with python 2 despiter having previously installed python 3. I then reinstalled python 2 and that was the last program I've been able to install. I currently am able to run mycroft however came to a new hurdle of the internal mic(not my q). After doing these things I am no longer able to install programs programs from pacman nor yoaurt. I get the same conflicting programs and error msges for any attempts which is

nvidia-340xx-utils and mesa-libgl are in conflict (libgl). Remove mesa-libgl?" "26/26) checking keys in keyring
[------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(26/26) checking package integrity                                                                                     [------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(26/26) loading package files                                                                                          [------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
(26/26) checking for file conflicts                                                                                    [------------------------------------------------------------------------] 100%
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
python2-virtualenv: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/virtualenv_support/pip-9.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl exists in filesystem
python2-virtualenv: /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/virtualenv_support/setuptools-28.8.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl exists in filesystem
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded"]

My computer is also running incredibly slow for the first noticeable time which may be unrelatied and due to me not yet having developed good maintanence habits yet.
These aare the issues Iam facing. I am sorry that I am not yet aware of truely acceptable q and a practices for this forum, but I promise to work on that. If any more information is needed to work on this please let my know where I might find it and I will pass it along, and use it in the future.
Thank you for your help . (and please no return to ubuntu comments I have come this far and plan to see it through)

Last edited by ebscriptwalker (2017-02-25 00:16:54)

Darkness is deepest before dawn, in a moment my vision is filled with confusing figures, As I patiently feel my way through this strange enviroment,  my view becomes more, and more clear. As I step into the light fear and confusion give way to to excitement understanding, and enlightenment. These things I could not find without first taking a step into the unknown. Thank you arch!

#2 2017-02-23 12:33:16

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: [Solved] Python pacman program env problems(includes yoaurt)

Welcome to the forums.

ebscriptwalker wrote:

I am not yet aware of truely acceptable q and a practices for this forum...

No problem at all - as long as you actually are willing to learn them.  I have 2 that are directly relevant here:

1. Please use [ code ] tags around command output or file content.  The pacman output above is quite hard to read because it is in variable-width font and embedded in a paragraph of other text.  Code tags will solve both of these and make it much more readible.  You can click "edit" on your post to add code tags now.

2. Note that you can very often find solutions to your problems by checking our wiki.  You should search there before creating threads.  In this case see here:
https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pa … 9.22_error

If you read that part of the pacman wiki, and are not sure how to proceed, feel free to ask for clarification or check that what you plan to do is correct.  But by following that section you'll be able to give us the information we'd need to help (are those files owned by another package, did you manually install them, etc).

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#3 2017-02-24 00:59:00

ebscriptwalker

# pacman -Qo /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages//virtualenv_support/pip-9.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl

error: No package owns /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages//virtualenv_support/pip-9.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl

# pacman -Qo /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages//virtualenv_support/setuptools-28.8.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl

error: No package owns /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages//virtualenv_support/setuptools-28.8.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl

# pacman -Qo /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages//virtualenv_support/pip-9.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl

error: No package owns /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages//virtualenv_support/pip-9.0.1-py2.py3-none-any.whl

# pacman -Qo /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages//virtualenv_support/setuptools-28.8.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl

error: No package owns /usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages//virtualenv_support/setuptools-28.8.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl

Last edited by jasonwryan (2017-02-24 01:03:56)

Darkness is deepest before dawn, in a moment my vision is filled with confusing figures, As I patiently feel my way through this strange enviroment,  my view becomes more, and more clear. As I step into the light fear and confusion give way to to excitement understanding, and enlightenment. These things I could not find without first taking a step into the unknown. Thank you arch!

#4 2017-02-24 01:04:58

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

I have edited your post; click on the edit button and see how it works.

Then tell us why .whl is appended to all your output.

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#5 2017-02-24 01:35:42

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

jasonwryan wrote:

Then tell us why .whl is appended to all your output.

Coincidence it seems.  Those are the names of the files in the package:

$ pac -Fl python2-virtualenv | grep whl$
python2-virtualenv usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/virtualenv_support/argparse-1.4.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl
python2-virtualenv usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/virtualenv_support/pip-8.1.2-py2.py3-none-any.whl
python2-virtualenv usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/virtualenv_support/setuptools-22.0.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl
python2-virtualenv usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/virtualenv_support/wheel-0.29.0-py2.py3-none-any.whl

@ebscriptwalker, it seems you manually installed some python components.  Remove those and install them instead with pacman.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

#6 2017-02-24 02:00:35

ebscriptwalker

I beleive I now understand that in order to create a proper code box I must start and end the the box properly with a start phrase ie the word code in braces [] and end with an end phrase  i.e. the word code prefixed by / also enclosed in []. As far as the .whl appendagethat is the specific path of the conflicting files to everything I have tried to install according to the pacman output I continuelly get. I have a feeling this has alot to do with installing python 2 in order to run mycroft core I have tried to remove python 2, but the method I used was unsuccessful, and I can no longer find the command I used to attempt thatI do appolagise for the lack of organisation on this post, but it is rather frustrating with my system running as slow as it is I will probably use my another computer tomorrow for this post. also all of the hashed code I beleive is my input. Thank you for your time and help.I hope to one day be able to pay it forward.

Last edited by ebscriptwalker (2017-02-24 22:46:58)

#7 2017-02-24 02:04:41

ebscriptwalker

Well ' I do now seem to understand how it works

some code or files content here 

#8 2017-02-24 02:04:56

jasonwryan
Anarchist
Website

ebscriptwalker wrote:

I beleive I now understand that in order to create a proper code box I must start and end the the box properly with a start phrase ie '

' and end with "

".

Um, no. Not even close. If you don't want to edit the post and see how I did it, click the link on the botom right of every text field that says "BBCode".

Arch + dwm   •   Mercurial repos  •   Surfraw

Registered Linux User #482438

#9 2017-02-24 02:14:05

ebscriptwalker

I did I am sorry I will have to re-evalute my mistakes in the morning I appolagise for being a bit hasty. I do not mean to seem lasy or unwilling to give a good attempt at understanding. As far as installing python2 components I beleive that may have been done when installing mycroft and its dependancies but I am unsure I will attempt to remove them and come bacck to this post if I am unable once again thank you.

#10 2017-02-24 02:18:40

ebscriptwalker

also it is extremely difficult to fix typos as I cannot even see my cursor until almost a minute after I have moved it on this system.

#11 2017-02-24 23:20:33

ebscriptwalker

Ok it seems that the python components that were installed when I built the mycroft core packages some how where screwing with my computer. I ran;

yaourt -Rsn mycroft-core 

This fixed all of my issues including the extreme lag. Is there a chance that this may be a bug needing to be reported  although I know it could be just my system set up conflicting with the program. I did not read about it in any of the documentation I read on mycroft, although I may have missed something. If so how would I report such a thing?

Last edited by ebscriptwalker (2017-02-24 23:23:58)

#12 2017-02-24 23:29:27

ebscriptwalker

Once again thank you for all your help and I will do some reading on the rules and usage of this forum. After that I may try mycroft again (using pacman to install those components first).

Board footer