You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-15 00:12:23

balance

LG Flatron L227WTP Menu buttons not working + strange "look"

Hi,

so I have a laptop with arch and cinnamon in it and 2 externals monitors attached to it. One of them is a LG Flatron L227WTP. I currently have 2 problems with it:

1. There are 5 Buttons: ZOOMING (doesn't work), Menu (doesn't work), f-Engine (works - I think that should be somekind of pre set profiels for movies, text, games etc.), source (works), autoset (works - but say "digital video input - access denied, guess that's a feature for VGA input)

- What could be the reason that "Menu" doesn't work? Is it just broken or could it be a software issue?

2. The Text looks strange. The letters have kind of a "red shadow". Hard to describe - kind of looks like one took the "negative colors" and kind of overlayed it over the normal "colors". If that makes sense. Also very poor resolution - but the screen is quiet old so it might be just the screen.

Anyone has an idea if and what I can do against it? smile

#2 2017-03-15 00:50:20

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: LG Flatron L227WTP Menu buttons not working + strange "look"

Have you ruled out simple monitor damage? You don't mention how you're connecting the external monitor, if it's through normal VGA (your issue 2 seems to indicate that, that's typical of poorly connected VGA and won't happen with newer digital connectors) then there's nothing Arch or software related in this question, it's a hardware/product issue.

Basic troubleshooting - try it with another computer/laptop.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2017-03-17 22:05:07

paulkerry

Re: LG Flatron L227WTP Menu buttons not working + strange "look"

balance wrote:

- What could be the reason that "Menu" doesn't work? Is it just broken or could it be a software issue?

I don't know if it helps in your case, but I've come across some monitors where buttons don't work unless there is an active signal being displayed through one of the inputs.

When you can get to the menu, you might be able to get into the monitor adjustment settings to help with your second point.

Last edited by paulkerry (2017-03-17 22:05:55)

Board footer