You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-17 22:11:44

ldxza

Moving Arch from VM to Physical Problem

When I boot on the physical environment, I get a green screen. So it has to be a problem with the drivers as the card I have is a Nvidia card. Then I am given the option to continue or login the root account. I login to the root account and When I list all the devices, they are seen. I check the ethernet card status, and it shows that it's down. I change it to up. Then I try to set the dhcp. After that, I try to restart dhcp by using systemctl start dhcpcd.service. The system then hangs.

So what is the best option? Rebuild the kernel? Install the driver for the display? Could it be a problem with the Xorg server now that I changed from a VM to physical?

I even tried this:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Mo … al_machine

But I couldn't get anywhere. I'm literally a total noob to Arch. So please masters of Arch, show me the light. wink

#2 2017-03-17 23:45:32

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

Re: Moving Arch from VM to Physical Problem

Whoa ... you *very* vaguely describe a lot of steps and problems - but at no point do you give any of the needed details.  A green screen that gives you the option to continue or login the root account?  What on earth is that, that's not archlinux.

As for all the other things you claimed to do, please provide exact commands and complete output and/or error messages.

Mod note: not a kernel & hardware issue, moved to newbie corner.

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer