You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-21 04:12:28

horsemanoffaith

Cinnamon and polkit-gnome

I'm having an issue with Unity (I know, I know, the title says Cinnamon and polkit-gnome, but bear with me for a few and I'll get to the point of the title). When I use unity-control-center and/or gnome-control-center, I cannot use the Unlock buttons to add/edit printers, users, or date/time. I can click on them, but they do nothing. I've started UCC and GCC with a terminal, and I get the same errors, and they all point to polkit. In case you're interested, here are the errors:

For Unity-Control-Center

unity-control-center

** (unity-control-center:1555): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-PbdfHdw2tf: Connection refused

** (system-config-printer.py:1562): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-PbdfHdw2tf: Connection refused

(system-config-printer.py:1562): Gtk-WARNING **: Error acquiring permission: Failed to acquire permission for action-id org.opensuse.cupspkhelper.mechanism.all-edit 

(unity-control-center:1555): Gtk-WARNING **: Error acquiring permission: Failed to acquire permission for action-id com.canonical.controlcenter.datetime.configure

(unity-control-center:1555): Gtk-WARNING **: Error acquiring permission: Failed to acquire permission for action-id com.canonical.controlcenter.user-accounts.administration

For Gnome-Control-Center

gnome-control-center

** (gnome-control-center:1607): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-PbdfHdw2tf: Connection refused

(gnome-control-center:1607): Gtk-WARNING **: Error acquiring permission: Failed to acquire permission for action-id org.opensuse.cupspkhelper.mechanism.all-edit
[mikearch@mikearchlaptop ~]$ gnome-control-center

** (gnome-control-center:1621): WARNING **: Couldn't connect to accessibility bus: Failed to connect to socket /tmp/dbus-PbdfHdw2tf: Connection refused

(gnome-control-center:1621): Gtk-WARNING **: Error acquiring permission: Failed to acquire permission for action-id org.opensuse.cupspkhelper.mechanism.all-edit

(gnome-control-center:1621): Gtk-WARNING **: Error acquiring permission: Failed to acquire permission for action-id org.gnome.controlcenter.user-accounts.administration

SO, now to the point of my subject- could someone tell me how Cinnamon starts polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1? I have been searching using Google and I've searched using the file system. I've found what I believe to be part of the answer in the cinnamon.session file. It has the line labeled "required components", and one of those required components is polkit-gnome-authentication agent-1. I patched the ubuntu.session file in gnome-session-ubuntu and added polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 to the required components line, then rebuilt the file. Unfortunately, no changes. I'm starting to think that there's a configuration file or some type of script file that starts polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1 in Cinnamon, and if I can find it I can do a similar patch/script file for gnome-session-ubuntu. The PKGBUILD installs a file titled polkit-gnome-authentication-agent-1-unity.desktop in /etc/xdg/autostart, but the authentication agent never starts. It starts just fine in Cinnamon, which is why I'm using it as an example. Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Oh, and I'm not just doing this for myself... many people are using both my and Chenxiaolong's Github pages to build Unity from source, and the error is in both packages. I know it started when we moved from 3.20 to 3.22, but I'm not exactly sure where. This would allow me to post a corrected file on my Github page!

If you're interested in the PKGBUILDS, I used Chenxiaolong's testing repo:

https://github.com/chenxiaolong/Unity-f … u/PKGBUILD

My repo:

https://github.com/horsemanoffaith/Unit … u/PKGBUILD

Thanks for reading and any help will be appreciated!!!!

Board footer