You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-25 23:55:18

alaskanarcher

[closed]Are all Trusted Users in archlinux-keyring?

I am running into an issue where after properly initializing the pacman keyring with the following I still have Anatol Pomozov's keys as 'unknown trust'. I looked up Anatol and saw that he is a Trusted User in the community repo. Is is normal for me to have to trust his keys manually?

How I initialized the pacman keyring: all as prescribed. This is with the up to date pacman-keyring package installed.

# pacman-key --init
# pacman-key --populate archlinux
# pacman --refresh-keys

Then I still get these errors during full system upgrade for some of Anatol's signatures and I suppose a few other sigs that he must sign (because those warnings went away after manually signing Anatol's keys).

# pacman -Syu
(142/142) checking keys in keyring                   [###########################] 100%
(142/142) checking package integrity                 [###########################] 100%
error: binutils: signature from "Anatol Pomozov <xxxxx.xxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/binutils-2.28.0-2-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
Do you want to delete it? [Y/n] n
error: avr-binutils: signature from "Anatol Pomozov <xxxxx.xxxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/avr-binutils-2.28-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: arduino-avr-core: signature from "NicoHood <xxxxxxx@xxxxx.xx>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/arduino-avr-core-1.6.18-1-any.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).
error: arduino-builder: signature from "NicoHood <xxxxx@xxxx.xxx>" is unknown trust
:: File /var/cache/pacman/pkg/arduino-builder-1.3.25-1-x86_64.pkg.tar.xz is corrupted (invalid or corrupted package (PGP signature)).

Other things I tried:
- Clear package cache
- Make sure /root/.gnupg/dirmngr_ldapservers.conf exists and call '# dirmngr </dev/null'
- Re initialized, refreshed the keys and reinstalled archlinux-keyring too many times to be considered sane

So should I have to manually trust Anatol's key or any Trusted User's?

Last edited by alaskanarcher (2017-03-27 10:31:59)

#2 2017-03-26 04:50:56

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: [closed]Are all Trusted Users in archlinux-keyring?

pacman -Sy archlinux-keyring; pacman -Su

#3 2017-03-26 17:22:41

alaskanarcher

I was pretty sure I did that. I verified that I had the latest archlinux-keyring installed, and reinstalled it virtually exactly as you suggested.

I got it working by just manually signing Anatol's key. I was simply wondering if it is expected that the keyring should sign trusted users keys. I am assuming that it is and that I must have done something funky.

Last edited by alaskanarcher (2017-03-26 17:25:54)

#4 2017-03-26 19:41:03

loafer

alaskanarcher wrote:

... virtually exactly as you suggested...

That's what was "funky".  If you'd done it literally It'd have worked :-).  Please mark this as solved.

All men have stood for freedom...
For freedom is the man that will turn the world upside down.
Gerrard Winstanley.

Board footer