You are not logged in.

#1 2017-03-27 12:53:32

CyberNhull

Cinnamon muffin is slow?

I installed today cinnamon to experiment with it because it has been months since i switched to another DE and the thing i noticed after installing it is the animations are slow.
I open the menu and it is sluggish, i minimize a window and the same thing happens. Overall the animations are sluggish/slow. I came from gnome 3.22 and the few animations that it has are always smooth, one time i even use compiz with xfce4 and everything was smooth even with a lot of effects going on at the same time.

I'm using a intel HD3000 graphics card and i have a nvidia GT650M switched off (i only use it for steam games or wine apps with bumblebee).
I've started the cinnamon session without software rendering (because with it makes everything worse).

Is this normal from cinnamon muffin window manager or it's just me? I read on websites that people using cinnamon with Mint are not having this issue (that's why i'm asking here).

Thanks big_smile

Last edited by CyberNhull (2017-03-27 12:54:44)

If it does not kill you....It will make you smarter

#2 2017-08-30 20:07:32

OndraJC

Re: Cinnamon muffin is slow?

It's not just you, look https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic. … 8&t=252269

I'm trying to replace Cinnamon for this reason and now i'm testing Xfce + Compiz compositor. But this combination is buggy and still far from Cinnamon experience.

Last edited by OndraJC (2017-08-30 20:11:25)

Board footer