You are not logged in.

#26 2006-05-18 14:32:28

hypermegachi

Re: pakman - a native kde frontend for pacman

brain0 wrote:

pacman 3 is still in alpha (or beta?) stage, so hasn't been moved to Arch yet. I wonder why Frugal already uses it ...

they also have xgl in their official repositories.  their "current/extra" is different from arch's current/extra.  they will have bleeding edge cvs/svn stuff in there.

although, frugal does provide a very nice preview of what pacman3 is like.  most notable is installation progress bars and regex search.

#27 2006-05-18 21:58:48

z4ziggy
Website

tried to compile it, got the following error (libalpm and curl are installed):

pakman_handler.cpp:74: error: 'PM_TRANS_EVT_EXTRACT_DONE' was not declared in this scope
pakman_handler.cpp:130: error: 'PM_TRANS_EVT_INTEGRITY_START' was not declared in this scope
pakman_handler.cpp:134: error: 'PM_TRANS_EVT_INTEGRITY_DONE' was not declared in this scope
pakman_handler.cpp: In function 'void cb_trans_conv(unsigned char, void*, void*, void*, int*)':
pakman_handler.cpp:195: error: 'PM_TRANS_CONV_CORRUPTED_PKG' was not declared in this scope

some more errors had followed, but my guess its all related.

dash Me' Ramat Gan wink

#28 2006-05-19 07:53:08

motyR

Hi z4ziggy

all those vars that reported on the errors are from libalpm, so i guess something went wrong in the linking to libalpm, would u mind show me where did u got the copy of libalpm.

dash from rishon le zion wink

#29 2006-05-19 08:38:43

Vins

motyR wrote:

Hi z4ziggy

all those vars that reported on the errors are from libalpm, so i guess something went wrong in the linking to libalpm, would u mind show me where did u got the copy of libalpm.

dash from rishon le zion wink

Hi,

I've got same errors. I'm using libalpm from here:

link

ViNS

#30 2006-05-19 09:44:54

motyR

Ok i see the problem, arch copy of alpm doesn't hold those vars,
but actually those vars are mainly for logging purpose so they could be ignored, if one of you could please  paste the all full errors output to pastebin i'll try to fix it.

#31 2006-05-19 09:59:51

Vins

motyR wrote:

Ok i see the problem, arch copy of alpm doesn't hold those vars,
but actually those vars are mainly for logging purpose so they could be ignored, if one of you could please  paste the all full errors output to pastebin i'll try to fix it.

http://pastebin.com/726260

ViNS

#32 2006-05-19 10:37:02

arooaroo
Website

What a cool site! Thanks for sharing.

@motyR, is there any reason why you can distribute your binary as a pkg.tar.gz?

#33 2006-06-09 13:59:35

invernomuto
Website

Hi, I have created a similar project (a KDE frontend for pacman) with the same name of motyR's project: paKman.  :oops:
Some info here:
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=22229

MotyR's pakamn and rasat's PkgInfo projects look very very good.
The question is: why we don't work together to create an unique power and beautiful pacman frontend, fully integrated in KDE, ex: a KDE control center module (motyR's compact gui seems to be perfect with some minor changes) , an auto update feature (my project has already a background running mode in traybar which performs system auto update) and more...
smile  smile

PS: I think to rename my project to kpacman because motyR is arrived first, but I need a good refactoring tool possibly which works with KDevelop projects. Someone know something similar?

# To err is human, but to really foul things up you need a computer.
Paul Ehrlich
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
http://www.brainspace.it

#34 2006-06-09 19:11:59

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

invernomuto wrote:

PS: I think to rename my project to kpacman because motyR is arrived first, but I need a good refactoring tool possibly which works with KDevelop projects. Someone know something similar?

I would use another name than kpacman. I maintain a PKGBUILD for kpacman (the arcade game for kde) in AUR.  I would suggest KDEpacman; it is not used (according to google). Or another name if you want. 

Of course, if the 2 projects merge together, then paKman is fine. smile

#35 2006-06-09 19:57:16

z4ziggy
Website

yep, joining forces is the best way to go. more power to you.

and i think pakman is a great kde frontend name.

just wondering when a gtk+ frontend will be ready... havnt seen any news about guzuta for a long long time...

#36 2006-06-09 23:31:17

Snowman
Developer/Forum Fellow

z4ziggy wrote:

just wondering when a gtk+ frontend will be ready... havnt seen any news about guzuta for a long long time...

There's also gtkpacman.

#37 2006-06-10 00:59:36

z4ziggy
Website

yep, i completely forgot about gtkpacman... it hasnt been updated for a long time too... the UI needs some streching up, and maybe finally using the pacman-library... in anyway, my hopes were on guzuta, but still - no news...

[edit]
the gtkpacman author mentioned on his site "Collaboration with guzuta author, April 23rd, 2006" so im waiting for this...

also, my bad - he's last update was on April 30th, 2006

Board footer