You are not logged in.

#1 2014-10-21 12:29:43

foobar42

No video signal after Grub

Hi everyone,

my graphics card is ATI HD7850 and I am using the open source radeon driver.

I ran this setup for about a year without any flaws until I installed an SSD into my system. I copied the root (/) from my HDD to the SSD following this guide: https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Fu … with_rsync

After I edited the files in /etc/fstab and /boot/grub/grub.cfg, and configured another boot order in my BIOS, I started Arch and everything ran fine. I then installed Windows to the SSD on another partition which also runs fine.

But when I tried to run Arch again I did not get a video signal right after Grub (monitor said no signal found). After hitting reset it worked again.

Now I need to try to boot Arch about 5 times until it works. Even a USB stick with a fresh Arch ISO from the download section fails to boot in about 4 of 5 attempts.

Windows starts without any errors and I can play video games just fine, so I don't think my graphics card is broken.

Does anybody have an idea what might be wrong? I am totally lost here.

Things I tried to do:
- Rebuild boot image with mkinitcpio
- Tried to start without dynamic power management for my graphics card

Last edited by foobar42 (2014-10-21 12:36:52)

#2 2017-03-29 12:57:27

KAozdl

Re: No video signal after Grub

Did you get that solved?
Im facing the same issue...

Dell inspiron M731R CPU: AMD A8 5545M GPU: Radeon HD 8510G RAM:8GB
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Desktop MSI 970 Gaming CPU: AMD FX 6300 GPU: Radeon R9 380 4gb RAM: 8GB

#3 2017-03-29 14:21:03

ewaller
Administrator

Re: No video signal after Grub

KAozdl,

Saddly, foobar42 has not visited the forums in the last couple years.  I am going to close this old topic and invite you to open a new topic which you will own.   If you believe this thread to be relevant, go ahead and use BBcode url tags to link back to this thread.

Thanks.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer