You are not logged in.
The computer is a work one with a connection via proxy to allow connection, so far by changing the IPv4 protocol, MAC address and the proxy variables I get to connect via browser, but pacman does not work even when using wget and allowing the use of proxy in the etc/wgetrc file.
When I try to use wget on its own I get the following output:
--2017-03-30 12:45:23-- http://www.google.com/
Connecting to XX.XX.XX.XX:XX... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 403 Forbidden
2017-03-30 12:45:23 ERROR 403: Forbidden.Note that I edited the proxy for safety reasons.
Offline
https_proxy=54.149.185.128:3128 http_proxy=54.149.185.128:3128 wget http://www.google.com/No problem here. The response is from your proxy, so its configuration matters (and so does the exact configuration on your side)
I'm not sure why you believe to have to conceil this "for safety reasons", but it's not possible to investigate on this w/o detailed knowledge on your setup and the actual proxy server in question, sorry.
Offline