You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-03 11:54:31

PogMat

Cross Posting and Post Moving

Hi all,
I posted this, into "Laptop" section. Then I realized that it better fits "Networking, Server and Protection" section. So I cut and paste the old post to the new location. Then I was to remove the old post but I could't find it any more: a moderator should have thought I was cross-posting, but, alas, I just didn't know the procedure to move the post, and I was doing the simplest things it came to my mind. My intention was not to spam or to create a post to "reminding all users what NOT to post on the forums". That is a bad behavior damaging the community, I didn't want to do that. On the contrary I think that my problem is a common one and can help anyone. I've already sent a mail to the moderator who take me as a cross-posters explaining him the situation, but I didn't receive any answer. I just want to apologize if I didn't follow the correct procedure. Now I have two questions:

1) What is the correct procedure to move a post?
2) How can have my post restored in the section it best fits?

Best

Last edited by PogMat (2017-04-03 11:55:05)

#2 2017-04-03 12:17:26

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: Cross Posting and Post Moving

1) File a report on the post in question and the mod team will look into it.
2) Your post is currently in the Networking, Server and Protection subforum, isn't that want you wanted to accomplish?

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

#3 2017-04-03 12:39:18

PogMat

I see that my post in into "Networking, Server and Protection" section, but it is marked as closed. I would like it to be reopened.
Best

#4 2017-04-03 13:03:56

Trilby
Inspector Parrot
Website

ProgMat, sorry I seemed to have botched this a bit this morning.

You indeed should not open more than one duplicate thread.  The correct way to move a thread would be (as noted above) to use the "Report" button on the post and request that it be moved.

I was stern with you as I see that you were told previously about reposting topics, though admittedly the context of that has been lost in the forum history.  I have no doubt this was an innocent mistake.

I aslo screwed this up a bit as I intended to close and dustbin one of your two threads.  Unfortunately it seems I closed one and dustbinned the other - sorry about that.  I've now closed the one in the bin, and reopened the one that is still in the "Networking" section.  I suppose I should not moderate before the morning coffee smile

"UNIX is simple and coherent..." - Dennis Ritchie, "GNU's Not UNIX" -  Richard Stallman

Board footer