You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-06 09:37:01

cmmps

ufoai - cannot find -llua5.1

I guys.

The topic "ufoai-git - cannot find -llua5.1" (https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=208203) was closed but I still have problems and I wasn't able to keep writing on it...
However, I'm not using the git AUR package as I already contributed with some stuffs for the ufoai community and I'm using their git repo directly and almost weekly / monthly.
Now I can only play on my Mac. But I'd prefer to use my Linux box specially if I decide to propose something else to the game.

So, it happens that even adding the parameter --with-embedded-lua5.1 to ./configure it won't work.
I also tried the patch with no avail.

The message I left in the other topic, that was closed, was:

Hi there!

I'm having the exact same problem and I also tried the changes above on the file configure (since lua5.1 is in fact under /usr/include/lua5.1.
BTW, I believe the change should be:

check_header_bundled "lua5.1/lua.h" "lua5.1"

And I'm also downloading the source directly from the UFO git repo. I wouldn't like to remove lua5.3 and downgrade lua to 5.1. Is there any news / ideas to solve this problem?

And BTW, "./configure" also fails to find the file "bfd.h" but I have binutils installed and the header file does exist under /src/include.,. Weird... sad

I'm also posting this issue on UFO AI forum:
http://ufoai.org/forum/index.php/topic,9096.0.html

Kind regards,

Without any reply that could hep, I decided to downgrade lua but can't find Lua 5,1 anymore on Arch repo. So I'm thinking about doing the following:
I'm willing to try to create a folder "5.3" and copy the lua files directly under /usr/lib to that folder and recreate them with symlinks to point to the files on the folder /usr/lib/lua5.1. Anytime I need to switch between "lua versions" I change the symlinks... tongue
And for the sake of my system upgrades I shall add "lua" to the "ignore packages" list on my pacman.conf file and avoid further lua updates and "file exists in filesystem" errors.

If someone else have a better idea, I'll be happy to try!

Thanks and regards,

Carlos Santos

#2 2017-04-06 14:31:16

WorMzy
Forum Moderator
Website

Re: ufoai - cannot find -llua5.1

lua 5.1 is available as lua51 in the extra repository. You do not need to (and indeed should not) downgrade the "lua" package.

That said, the source code will not use lua51, even if it is the only version of lua installed, it will simply revert to using the bundled lua libs (which is what --with-embedded-lua5.1 is supposed to force it to do even when the autodetect finds lua).

Due to it defaulting to the bundled libs, the source code builds fine (with a little tweaking to fix the broken Makefile order*) in a clean chroot both without any lua package, and with lua51 installed. It only craps out when the "lua" package is present. To fix this, you can modify build/default.mk's LUA_LIBS and LUA_CFLAGS to look for "lua51" instead of "lua5.1".

LUA_LIBS                 ?= $(call PKG_LIBS,lua51)
LUA_CFLAGS               ?= $(call PKG_CFLAGS,lua51)

* run 'make ufo2map' before 'make'

Sakura:-
Mobo: MSI MAG X570S TORPEDO MAX // Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X @4.9GHz // GFX: AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT // RAM: 32GB (4x 8GB) Corsair DDR4 (@ 3000MHz) // Storage: 1x 3TB HDD, 6x 1TB SSD, 2x 120GB SSD, 1x 275GB M2 SSD

Making lemonade from lemons since 2015.

Board footer