You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-14 16:33:21

hestius

[solved] Install CmsisSync - missing newtonsoft-json dependency

Hello,
I try to compile CmisSync (http://cmissync.org/) on an Arch system. I'm following the steps from: https://github.com/aegif/CmisSync/blob/ … /README.md

Unfortunately, when I'm executing the command:
./configure --with-dotcmis=Extras/DotCMIS.dll

I get the error message:

configure: error: "newtonsoft-json is a required dependency: you need to install the appropriate devel package before you can compile"

Do you have any idea which dependency I have to install on Arch? I already installed "monodevelop".

When I opened an issue on GitHub, the developer recommended to download the DLL and put it in the folder where arch puts DLLs. Where are the DLLs stored in Arch?

Thanks a lot for your help!

Last edited by hestius (2017-04-30 20:00:36)

#2 2017-04-14 19:23:05

ayekat

Re: [solved] Install CmsisSync - missing newtonsoft-json dependency

hestius wrote:

When I opened an issue on GitHub, the developer recommended to download the DLL and put it in the folder where arch puts DLLs. Where are the DLLs stored in Arch?

There are the sub-directories in /usr/lib/mono. Depending on the API for which the DLL was built, you'll need to place the DLL in the right -api directory.

I'm sorry, actually, you can simply use `gacutil` to install the DLL - it should put the DLL into the right place (which might not be one of the -api directories). See this PKGBUILD for an example of how I install the .NET MySQL connector for Mono (it's not necessarily a good PKGBUILD - just to get a idea).

Last edited by ayekat (2017-04-14 19:26:59)

pkgshackscfgblag

#3 2017-04-30 19:59:31

hestius

Sorry for the late reply but thanks for your help! I solved this issue by using a particular parameter while executing the ./configure command:
./configure --with-dotcmis=Extras/DotCMIS.dll --with-newtonsoft-json=Extras/Newtonsoft.Json.dll

#4 2017-04-30 20:06:33

ayekat

Ah, not quite what I thought; glad you found a solution—and thanks a lot for posting back! smile

Don't forget to mark you thread as solved by editing your first post and prepending [SOLVED] to your thread's title.

pkgshackscfgblag

Board footer