You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-15 21:25:13

Trooper4001

sE2200a II C Microphone

I've recently purchased a new Studio Condenser microphone and I plugged it into the 'MIC' jack socket of my computer case (Antec GX300) to find that my system is not registering the microphone. I've checked inside the case and, as far as I can tell, everything inside is connected correctly. I'm not sure what's wrong but I've tried using the other jack sockets on the case and none of them are registering the mic.

I have a USB microphone that registers on my system and records fine. I'm connecting the mic directly to the computer via a XLR to 3.5mm cable. The cable's brand new so I'm pretty sure it's not that.

I don't know if it's a sound driver that's missing, though I can't find one for this microphone.

Can anyone help?

#2 2017-04-16 06:24:34

tom.ty89

Re: sE2200a II C Microphone

Registering? You do know that it does not work the same way as USB mic right? USB mics is a kind of USB audio device, which means they work as a sound card at the same time, capture-only or not; while analog mics obviously relys on a sound card. So I have no idea what you mean by not registering. (Though onboard sound card sometimes implements jack sensing but that's a different story)

If you still think you need further help, paste the output of the following commands next time you reply:

pacmd list-cards
aplay -l
amixer -c N

where N is the index of the card you will be using the mic on, which can be known from aplay-l.

aplay and amixer are provided in alsa-utils.

Last edited by tom.ty89 (2017-04-16 06:24:55)

Board footer