You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-23 12:47:50

hakunamatata

KDE Plasma Scrolling Issue

I just switched to KDE Plasma 5.9.4. After using GNOME for about 1 year, I finally felt like giving another DE a try. I am quite happy with KDE Plasma. It took a little more time to set it up the way I like compared to GNOME, but on the other hand I really appreciate all the configuration possibilities.

I am using a NVIDIA GPU and installed the proprietary drivers. After generating a configuration file for the nvidia drivers, I have no more screen tearing in web browsers (Firefox and Chromium).

Here is the configuration file as described in the ArchWiki to NVIDIA/Troubleshooting under the section Avoid Screen Tearing:

Section "Screen" 
   Identifier     "Screen0" 
   Option         "metamodes" "nvidia-auto-select +0+0 { ForceFullCompositionPipeline = On }
   Option         "AllowIndirectGLXProtocol" "off" 
   Option         "TripleBuffer" "on" 
EndSection

I am having a small issue with scrolling. For example when I open the Application Launcher in switch to the Applications Tab and scroll (using the mouse wheel), the scrolling is really slow and also the Items get teared apart. If I am clicking the scrollbar and moving it up and down on the other hand it works as expected. Now, I am wondering if anyone of you has experienced the same issue or if anyone knows how to solve this.

Also the scrolling in most applications works fine. I can use the mouse wheel to scroll in web browsers (Firefox and Chromium) and it works as expected.

If you any logs would be helpful in assessing the problem let me know.

Thanks,

hakunamatata

#2 2017-04-23 12:55:12

V1del
Forum Moderator

Re: KDE Plasma Scrolling Issue

That is a known bug in QT with no resolution so far: https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-55638

Board footer