You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-10 17:14:46

angelo1

poor audio quality bluetooth headset BOSE quietcomfort 35

I just got a Bose quietcomfort 35 headset. I got them to connect to bluetooth and I can hear audio but the problem is that it sounds terrible. Whenever I connect them to my phone or to my windows laptop they work great and the audio quality is superb. Does anyone have any idea how to troubleshoot this?

#2 2017-04-10 17:44:53

Drehstromlampe

Re: poor audio quality bluetooth headset BOSE quietcomfort 35

probably wrong connection-mode.
there are two modes for bluetooth audio. one is the headset-mode (with terrible audio quality) and one is the high fidelity mode. you can switch those using pavucontrol (pulseaudio)

#3 2017-04-10 19:17:42

angelo1

It is the wrong connection mode. Whenever I connect, it connects to mono. Currently the only way I know how to fix this is to restart the bluetooth service. After restarting the bluetooth service, I will get the option to get High Fidelity Playback (A2DP Sink) in pulse audio. Is there a way to set bluetooth so it automatically selects A2DP Sink so I don't have to restart the service every time?

#4 2017-04-24 20:14:38

angelo1

Well now I'm having new problems. For some reason my bluetooth quit working and pulse audio won't recognize my headphones. I'm able to pair the headphones with bluetoothctl and I'm able to connect the headphones, but when I use the command

pacmd list-cards 

, my headset doesn't come up. I've uncommented

load-module module-bluetooth-discover 

and

load-module module-switch-on-connect

, but neither is working.

Board footer