You are not logged in.

#26 2017-04-27 12:02:13

JJK

Re: [SOLVED] Debugging freezing laptop

The symptoms you describe are different from the symptoms that I described, namely, for me the pc is completely frozen. No response to anything, also music hangs and even sysrq does not work anymore. Also you notice the issue starting from 4.4.52-lts while honestly reported that it worked on 4.8.x-lts.

This leads me to think that your issue might not be related.

Furthermore, for me the lts kernels have worked fine until this week. I did not have the freezes, but my systems sometimes would not wake from suspend (might be related).

However, this week the issue seems to have merged into the lts kernel. I am currently trying to downgrade step by step until the latest lts kernel that worked for me. 4.9.24-lts is definitely faulty. I am currently on 4.9.22-lts

EDIT: I suspected TLP (again), I tried the recent LTS kernels without TLP installed, and that hasn't given me any problems. I will soon test the mainline kernel.

Last edited by JJK (2017-05-19 08:12:09)

#27 2017-06-28 03:17:06

archfluke

I'm having a similar issue, except that I've been experiencing this upon uninstalling and/or disabling xcompmgr since I no longer cared for setting transparency for individual applications.

#28 2017-06-28 05:19:20

JJK

The problem has not occurred anymore even with recent kernels, therefore I conclude that the problem was due to TLP. I am closing this thread.

@archfluke I don't think your issue is related, I suggest that you open a new thread where you describe your problem and symptoms in detail.

Board footer