You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-28 11:23:08

stupidus

[solved]pcmanfm-qt "Create New"-menu cluttered

Hello,

I have a strange issue with the "Create New"-menu in pcmanfm-qt.
I am talking about the menu, when you right-click and then it is called "Create New" and then you can either create a new blank file or a new folder.
This has been working fine for the past year or so.
Recently (I can't tell when exactly), there are additional entries in the menu under the new folder and blank file. These entries seem to be names of files, that are present on my system. And there are so many of them, that the whole screen is covered. You can see the problem on the screenshot.

Screenshot

So basically there are two issues.
1. The obvious one: I want to get rid of the clutter.

2. Where do the filenames come from. Is it some sort of recently used files? In that case, where are they stored? I searched my whole user folder for some of those filenames. They are not stored in any plaintext file, so I assume it must be stored in some binary format.
I configured my system to avoid recently used files to be remembered, meaning I made certain files and folders read-only (~/.local/share/recently-used.xbel and ~/.local/share/RecentDocuments). Is there any other place, where recently used files are stored?

Some information:
pcmanfm-qt 0.11.3-2
running on i3-gaps

EDIT: I found the problem. It was my fault. When editing .config/user-dirs.dir I must have accidentally set $XDG_TEMPLATES_DIR to my download folder. I now set it to /dev/null instead, and everything is fine.

Last edited by stupidus (2017-04-28 11:52:18)

Board footer