You are not logged in.

#1 2017-04-30 12:34:51

rangerx

[SOLVED]After update plasma desktop not opening apps

Sorry if there is a similar post but honestly I could not find one. After I did pacman -Syu today and rebooted, the plasma desktop is black.
The panel bar is showing but when I click to launch a program / app while it opens on the panel, it will not show on the desktop.
The only application that is shown on the desktop is the konsole but it looks like it has some refresh issues as well.
I created a new user and started a fresh plasma session and everything seems to work there!
So I am thinking maybe this is something theme related? But I cannot open the panel to change themes!
I changed the theme from "air" to oxygen in plasmarc but it only changed my panel bar color!
Any help would be appreciated! Let me know what info you need

Edit
If i close the plasma and reopen it from the terminal it shows the wallpaper but nothing else changes.

Edit 2
I found out (by hovering the mouse over the panel and seeing the preview of the window) that the apps are opening, they are just not being displayed on the desktop

Fix:
After i moved .config folder it started fine and upon copying everything back i found it that compton.desktop in autostart was causing the problem !

Last edited by rangerx (2017-04-30 16:00:24)

Board footer