You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-03 07:39:27

raingloom

[Review] Lua + Eris

I created this package for Eris based on the official Lua and LuaJIT PKGBUILDs, it took a few tries due to the filenames being the same as vanilla Lua.
The git log is not quite clean, but I didn't have time to figure out how rebasing works, so I just left it like that.

The problem is, this package is almost the same as Lua, but does not have the docs. Still, it is compatible with PUC Lua, so should I add a provides+conflicts entry for lua instead and get it to build with docs or should I leave it as it is?

#2 2017-05-03 11:07:57

Lone_Wolf

Re: [Review] Lua + Eris

It's more complicated then that, as arch has separate lua51 and lua52 pacakges that can coexist with latest lua.

I suggest you check how they do it and replicate that behaviour .

Check the TO_BIN variable and consider using different library names in the TO_LIB var ( maybe eris53 ? ).

EDIT :

if you go the way of allowing lua and eris to coexist, conflicts should be empty.

Last edited by Lone_Wolf (2017-05-03 11:09:27)

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2017-05-03 19:44:37

raingloom

I tried the TO_BIN way but it didn't allow me to use "eris erisc" as names (complained at `make install` about missing files), I checked the 5.2 PKGBUILD and that uses "lua5.2 lua5.2c" (afaik, i don't have it at hand) but the Makefile seems to be the same with the same patch.

I think luajit is the best example because it can coexist with Lua 5.1, with which it is otherwise compatible, so I guess eris should do the same. Since it is mostly a special interest version, 99.99% of users shouldn't be bothered with it.

Anyways, I'll look into how to get the Makefile to cooperate without too much patching, if I can't find something reasonably simple I guess the current gratitious use of `mv` will have to remain hmm

#4 2017-05-04 12:11:12

Lone_Wolf

The luajit PKGBUILD is so simple i can only conclude that luajit devs solved all issues you encounter in sourcecode/ build system.

Check what the amalg target for luajit exactly does and try to replicate that with eris ?

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

Board footer