You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-01 05:19:56

thorjelly

32 bit application looking for library in /usr/lib

Basically, the situation is that a 32 bit application is looking in /usr/lib where it should be looking for it in /usr/lib32.

The specifics, I'm using gmod, installed through steam, which expects and uses a 32 bit environment. Gmod has a built-in browser called "awesomium", which uses mozilla flash plugins to view flash. It SPECIFICALLY searched for the plugin in /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, and cannot load it because the version there is a 64 bit plugin. If I move the 32 bit version of the plugin from /usr/lib32/mozilla/plugins to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins, it works and can find the plugin. But obviously this breaks firefox or any other 64 bit applications that expect the plugin there to be the 64 bit version of the plugin.

Basically: can I set up some environmental variable or something only for Steam or gmod to use so that it'll search for any libraries in /usr/lib32 rather than /usr/lib? How would I be able to set this up?

Thanks.

#2 2017-05-01 05:33:47

ngoonee
Forum Fellow

Re: 32 bit application looking for library in /usr/lib

LD_PRELOAD should help.

Allan-Volunteer on the (topic being discussed) mailn lists. You never get the people who matters attention on the forums.
jasonwryan-Installing Arch is a measure of your literacy. Maintaining Arch is a measure of your diligence. Contributing to Arch is a measure of your competence.
Griemak-Bleeding edge, not bleeding flat. Edge denotes falls will occur from time to time. Bring your own parachute.

#3 2017-05-01 06:40:58

thorjelly

It doesn't, sadly. The built-in browser probably loads the plugin itself whenever it's opened or needed, and unloads it otherwise. I think I would need to change the entire environment that the game is being run in, maybe sandbox steam somehow, but I don't know how to do that.

#4 2017-05-01 16:00:43

Ropid

Try changing its library search path like this in the launch options in the Steam client:

LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib32/mozilla/plugins:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" %command%

#5 2017-05-06 03:00:20

thorjelly

It doesn't help, but I did find out that there was a bin folder in the garrysmod app folder that I could put libflashplayer.so inside, and that works. Mmn, the mod itself still doesn't, but I guess that's another issue.

Thanks, though.

Board footer