You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-10 16:07:26

snowblind

Question about inertia scrolling in Chromium

I have Arch running on a Chromebook Pixel LS, with a touch screen, and I use Gnome on it and thus use libinput. I've dug around and found indication that libinput does not support inertia scrolling in the same way that synaptics+xorg used to, ie, it's supposed to be handled by the client, not the driver: https://wayland.freedesktop.org/libinpu … _scrolling

HOWEVER, I noticed something this morning. My Pixel has a touchscreen and it works quite nicely in Chromium + Gnome for scrolling through web pages. I hadn't noticed it at first but when scrolling via the touchscreen I *do* get the inertia scrolling -- I can flick and it'll keep scrolling for a short time.

Is there any way of implementing this method of scrolling via the track pad? I assume that this would be a function of Chrome/Chromium, as per the documentation for libinput, but it doesn't seem to respond the same to touchpad vs touchscreen. Is there something that can be done here or is this entirely dependent on how Chromium handles this?

Board footer