You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-13 19:38:17

Batou

Nvidia-381.22 - issues with HDMI audio

Hi all,

I upgraded Nvidia binary blobs to nvidia-381.22 and nvidia-utils-381.22-1 yesterday and I've noticed audio issue when you use Nvidia's HDMI output. Since my monitor has built in speakers, I occasionally pass-through audio to it through HDMI. It has worked without any issues for a year or so. However, after upgrading, I haven't been able to switch audio more than few times. After 3-5 switches between HDMI and internal sound card, audio just stops working completely. Only reboot fixes it. I've downgraded to nvidia-378-13 and now I'm back to normal. With old drivers, I can switch as many times as I want without any issues. There are no errors of any kind in the journal.

Has anyone else encountered this or is this something specific to my install?

Thanks.

Please vote for all the AUR packages you're using. You can mass-vote for all of them by doing: "pacman -Qqm | xargs aurvote -v" (make sure to run "aurvote --configure"  first)

#2 2017-06-07 10:53:00

ynsta

Re: Nvidia-381.22 - issues with HDMI audio

Hi,

I have the same issue with my HTPC connected to a Yamaha audio amplifier. With nvidia-381.22 drivers there is no output available.

I tried many different things without success so I also downgraded back to 378 drivers.

Regards

Board footer