You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-15 13:01:02

eyolf
Website

Recover files after crash

I just had an unpleasant experience: I was working on some LaTeX files in Kile, then tried to open a file in Kaffeine, which made KDE crash. I had no alternative but to turn off the computer, and when I turned it on again, the LaTeX files were apparently damaged. At first, they appeared with their full sizes in the file manager, but only the first page-and-a-half came up in Kile (or in any other editor, for that matter), but after some more fiddling around (including an expedition to Windows to see if they were accessible from there - the files are on a vfat partition) they show up with file size 0.
Is there a way to recover them? Luckily, I have the dvi files from them, so I can recover the text, but I'd hate to go through all the latex coding over again.

#2 2009-12-19 15:42:13

iru

Re: Recover files after crash

Hate to bump such an old thread.... but this is exactly what just happened to me. And I'm going crazy considering the amount of work I've put into the document. I was just a couple lines from uploading my work... and then this. Didn't make a backup cause, honest to God, I did not expect something like this to happen.

Board footer