You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-12 05:09:24

arnuld
Website

Deluge won't start

I am getting this error when I run Deluge. It just started happening after update:

[arnuld@arch64 ~]$ deluge
:0: UserWarning: You do not have a working installation of the service_identity module: 'No module named service_identity'.  Please install it from <https://pypi.python.org/pypi/service_identity> and make sure all of its dependencies are satisfied.  Without the service_identity module, Twisted can perform only rudimentary TLS client hostname verification.  Many valid certificate/hostname mappings may be rejected.
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('deluge==1.3.14', 'gui_scripts', 'deluge')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/main.py", line 137, in start_ui
    UI(options, args, options.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/ui.py", line 152, in __init__
    from deluge.ui.gtkui.gtkui import GtkUI
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from gtkui import start
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py", line 91, in <module>
    from torrentview import TorrentView
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/torrentview.py", line 53, in <module>
    from deluge.ui.tracker_icons import TrackerIcons
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/tracker_icons.py", line 59, in <module>
    import deluge.ui.Win32IconImagePlugin
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/Win32IconImagePlugin.py", line 235, in <module>
    class Win32IconImageFile (PIL.ImageFile.ImageFile):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ImageFile'
[arnuld@arch64 ~]$ 

I don't know why it is saying "You do not have a working installation of the service_identity module" because I am using Deluge from last 6 years without "python2-service-identity". I installed it anyway, and now I am getting this:

[arnuld@arch64 ~]$ deluge
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/deluge", line 11, in <module>
    load_entry_point('deluge==1.3.14', 'gui_scripts', 'deluge')()
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/main.py", line 137, in start_ui
    UI(options, args, options.args)
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/ui.py", line 152, in __init__
    from deluge.ui.gtkui.gtkui import GtkUI
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from gtkui import start
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/gtkui.py", line 91, in <module>
    from torrentview import TorrentView
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/gtkui/torrentview.py", line 53, in <module>
    from deluge.ui.tracker_icons import TrackerIcons
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/tracker_icons.py", line 59, in <module>
    import deluge.ui.Win32IconImagePlugin
  File "/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/deluge/ui/Win32IconImagePlugin.py", line 235, in <module>
    class Win32IconImageFile (PIL.ImageFile.ImageFile):
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'ImageFile'
[arnuld@arch64 ~]$ 

I googled and there seems to be solutions referring to downgrading libtorrent-rasterbar, twisted or some other package but they refer to "_parse" or "message" and none to "ImageFile" . Any idea what's going on ?

Last edited by arnuld (2017-05-12 05:12:27)

#2 2017-05-24 12:53:22

Sparrowhawk

Re: Deluge won't start

Hi arnuld,

You have two different things here, as you can see from the differences between your two logs. Firstly there is a warning that without the `service_identity` module, deluge will not be able to correctly do TLS verification. This is only a warning and not the cause of the failure, and was solved when you installed it. Secondly the stack trace seems to indicate an error when deluge calls a method from the PIL library. Looking at it's webpage doesn't seem to indicate it to be very friendly to recent (read  > 2.6) python versions. For the specifics of your stack trace, reading the PIL documentation indeed shows no mention of an ImageFile function, object or method in the ImageFile module. This is probably a bug in deluge and you should report it to them on their bug tracker.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,
Sparrowhawk

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic -- A. C. Clarke

Board footer