You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-25 01:33:43

sauron_di

Dell XPS 15 early 2017 (19560) Arch on SSD

Recently I brought a XPS15 hd, 256 SSD model and planning to install Arch Linux on it. I got to know that there is additional space in the HD model and  2.5 SSD can be accompanied in that space. I wounder whether I can install Arch on that drive ( Windows will be on m.2 and Arch will be on SSD) and select the OS from the BIOS. This way I guess I can set up a clean installation without dual booting. ( I know I will have to install arch after removing the m2 if I am doing this)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-fo … t/19682135 this has been asked in Dell forums someone else apparently.

But I am not sure what I am doing and wounder whether this will work anyway. Will this work ? Can XPS15 support 2 SSDs ? Technically only one will be used in a given time. Has anyone done this before ?

Please be kind enough to advice me on this. What I am trying to do is to keep the Windows and have some use of the existing m2 drive. ( I will need a bigger SSD for Linux so if am installing Linux I will have to clone existing SSD to a new one and dual boot Arch. Seems like too much of work to me. Even if I managed to do all of that still there will be no use for the existing 256Gb m2 ssd)

Last edited by sauron_di (2017-05-25 01:34:38)

Board footer