You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-27 13:36:54

JatinKaushal

Pulseaudio sound input very low

I'm trying to use my earphone's microphone to record audio, but it doesn't seem to take in my voice properly, and there's also a lot of background noise. I've tried to do this in Linux Mint, and it somehow works. The microphone doesn't pick up so much disturbance because I can record on my phone quite clearly.

I'm not sure what logs I need to provide, so please ask for anything you need. Thank you

#2 2017-05-27 15:57:23

ewaller
Administrator

Re: Pulseaudio sound input very low

I don't often recommend GUI applications, but you might want to install and play with pavucontrol.  It does a nice job of presenting the audio controls available on your system in a discoverable interface and allows you to quickly experiment with those settings.   That and alsamixer should allow you to find your microphone and recording controls

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

#3 2017-05-27 16:41:16

JatinKaushal

Sorry, I should have mentioned. I've maxed out the input source from pavucontrol. Still it's not taking in audio properly

#4 2017-05-27 16:56:46

ewaller
Administrator

How about the microphone controls in alsamixer?  You may have to change your "card" from pulseaudio to your PCM device.

Nothing is too wonderful to be true, if it be consistent with the laws of nature -- Michael Faraday
Sometimes it is the people no one can imagine anything of who do the things no one can imagine. -- Alan Turing
---
How to Ask Questions the Smart Way

Board footer