You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-25 17:53:43

ratcheer

Firefox Nightly sometimes installs older day's build

I install firefox-always-nightly from the AUR almost every day. It usually runs perfectly, but some days (such as today), it reinstalls the previous days version. Then, when I go to Menu -> About Nightly, and click the button to Check for updates, it informs me that "updates are available".

Today, I reran the install process to see what would happen. It still reinstalled yesterday's and informed me that updates are available. It's not that big of a deal, but it is puzzling.

Tim

#2 2017-05-26 22:56:55

Lone_Wolf

Re: Firefox Nightly sometimes installs older day's build

This is what the PKGBUILD does to get the latest source code :

- go to https://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nig … la-central
- check what the latest version is of firefox-*.tar.bz2 file
- download that file and use it as source .

For updates mozilla uses "channels" , It does seem possible there's a time period in which the nightly channel and the contents of /nightly/latest-mozilla-central  don't match.

Disliking systemd intensely, but not satisfied with alternatives so focusing on taming systemd.

(A works at time B)  && (time C > time B ) ≠  (A works at time C)

#3 2017-05-27 18:20:16

ratcheer

Re: Firefox Nightly sometimes installs older day's build

Thanks, Lone_Wolf. Even on the next day (the 26th), I still got the version from the 24th. But like I said, it's not really a big problem. I was just wondering about it.

Tim

PS - I just reran it from the AUR, and it installed today's version (5/27). Also, the About dialog says "Nightly is up to date".

Last edited by ratcheer (2017-05-27 18:25:09)

Board footer