You are not logged in.

#1 2017-05-28 16:44:01

Cirelli94

[SOLVED] Gnome, Wayland and Wine

I'm trying to start clrmamepro on wine but it never starts and it says:

err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows" could not be created, error 2
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows\\system32" could not be created, error 3
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows\\syswow64" could not be created, error 3
err:file:init_redirects cannot open L"C:\\windows" (c000000f)
wine: cannot find L"unix\\home\\cirelli\\Downloads\\cmp4032_32.exe"

So I tried to start winecfg but it doesn't start either!

err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows" could not be created, error 2
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows\\system32" could not be created, error 3
err:process:init_windows_dirs directory L"C:\\windows\\syswow64" could not be created, error 3
err:file:init_redirects cannot open L"C:\\windows" (c000000f)
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.Windows.Common-Controls" (6.0.0.0)
err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow The explorer process failed to start.

if I give it sudo powers, to maybe create some dir or I don't know what, it say:

No protocol specified
err:module:load_builtin_dll failed to load .so lib for builtin L"winemp3.acm": libmpg123.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
err:winediag:nodrv_CreateWindow Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

So i think it's some wayland problem.. But it shouldn't use xwayland?

I'm running Arch with gnome on wayland, and as I understood surfing the web, wayland is not the best for wine... Well, what's I'm doing wrong?
Thanks mate for your help!

Last edited by Cirelli94 (2017-06-01 07:06:32)

#2 2017-05-28 17:01:29

robg

Re: [SOLVED] Gnome, Wayland and Wine

First of all, please make use of code tags when pasting output to the forums.

if I give it sudo powers, to maybe create some dir or I don't know what, it say:

Don't provide "sudo powers" if you don't know what will happen. In particular for wine, providing root privileges is not necessary; winecfg should set up your own local "C drive" within your home folder (located under .wine).

Well have you tried backing your thought with evidence? Start gnome using xorg and try to run winecfg+your program again. If it still doesn't work, please post the resulting output (using code tags).

Last edited by robg (2017-05-28 17:02:10)

#3 2017-06-01 06:52:31

Cirelli94

robg wrote:

First of all, please make use of code tags when pasting output to the forums.

Don't provide "sudo powers" if you don't know what will happen. In particular for wine, providing root privileges is not necessary; winecfg should set up your own local "C drive" within your home folder (located under .wine).

Well have you tried backing your thought with evidence? Start gnome using xorg and try to run winecfg+your program again. If it still doesn't work, please post the resulting output (using code tags).

I'm sorry, I fixed my post! Thanks for tip

Ok, under .wine I have my "C drive"..

ll              
total 2,4M           
drwxr-xr-x 2 cirelli 4,0K dic  5 16:12 dosdevices/                                  
drwxr-xr-x 6 cirelli 4,0K ott 19  2016 drive_c/                                     
-rw-r--r-- 1 cirelli 2,3M giu  1 08:39 system.reg                                   
-rwxr-xr-x 1 cirelli 3,3K nov 18  2016 userdef.reg*                                 
-rw-r--r-- 1 cirelli  62K giu  1 08:39 user.reg       

I tried login with Gnome with X by the gdm. It changes anything, and even on drive_c/ there is already the windows folder!

BTW, under the Q4Wine settings, it asks me "gui sudo", it was an old kde program, what should I set if i'm using gnome? I can't find gksudo on my pc..

Any ideas? What should I try next?

I remove .wine and all his content, wine has recreated correctly all his files.

Solved wink

Last edited by Cirelli94 (2017-06-01 07:06:18)

#4 2017-06-01 08:26:58

robg

Glad it worked out for you.

I am not familiar with Q4Wine but for most programs it should suffice to dabble with winecfg. Also, running gnome on xorg whenever you plan on using wine is, as we saw, advisable.

Board footer