You are not logged in.

#1 2006-06-17 17:40:59

FJ
Website

gaim crashing upon attempting ICQ login

I have a similar error to this post:

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=10255

except for gaim, not xmms.  There is another difference:  I didn't upgrade gaim or any plugin between the time that it was working and it stopped working.  I'm running gaim 1.5.0-4.

The exact error I get when running gaim with an ICQ logon attempt is:

*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x08230d58 ***

I should mention that I have two ICQ accounts, and both go online at once.  Only one specific account is affected, the one I use regularly.  If I logoff the other account and try to connect manually the usual ICQ account, gaim will crash.  If I autologin that usual ICQ account, gaim will crash.

Since I didn't upgrade anything, I can only imagine that the ICQ server must be sending some data that gaim doesn't like upon logging in.  I looked up the error message and everywhere I went it said the bug was closed some time ago.   How can I fix this?

#2 2006-06-17 22:40:00

twiistedkaos

Re: gaim crashing upon attempting ICQ login

Did you add any new contacts before this started happening? I've experienced similar problems on other ICQ clients. Certain usernames tend to crash when logging on to ICQ protocol once they try to load a certain username.

#3 2006-06-19 17:22:20

FJ
Website

Re: gaim crashing upon attempting ICQ login

Although I didn't add anyone new recently to my list, I took your advice and went into blist.xml and deleted a bunch of names.  I didn't have time to check one by one.  It worked.  ICQ is up again.  Thanks for your help.

Board footer